Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

King Arthur, legend of the sword.

Saw this last night and despite few niggles- loved it to bits. Some really good moments.

sheridan

Quote from: Apestrife on 20 May, 2017, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 20 May, 2017, 11:07:48 AM
Potentially there's nothing in the main films and Incubus that contradict themselves, so the films could almost take place in the same universe as JD (the first film taking place entirely in space during the run of Judge Dredd and the second taking place in the time of Strontium Dog).

Ha, brilliant. Alien: Convenant/Awakening/Incubus.

And I say potentially because I've never watched them in the context of looking out for JD continuity.  I need to have a Predator and Alien/s/etc watching marathon at some point (there are things I like about all the films in both series, so it won't be a chore for me).

Smith

Heat. Thats certainly grand.3 hours.Michael Mann.An all-star cast(and Val Kilmer).

SIP

Quote from: Smith on 22 May, 2017, 04:15:23 PM
Heat. Thats certainly grand.3 hours.Michael Mann.An all-star cast(and Val Kilmer).

Heat is a fantastic film. On my rewatch list soon I think.

Tiplodocus

I like Kilmer ever since TOMBSTONE and THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS.

I LOVE YOU MAN. A romantic comedy that follows the tropes of a romantic comedy exactly but, because it's a bromance, kinda  works and feels a bit different. But it isn't really.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Apestrife

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 21 May, 2017, 10:24:41 AM
I love Friedkin's Sorcerer but unfortunately it suffered by being a remake of the fantastic Wages of Fear and coming out around the same time as Star Wars.
Great film though.

Heard about that as well. A shame. Should be up there with Apocalypse now and Das boot.

Quote from: sheridan on 21 May, 2017, 01:07:02 PM
And I say potentially because I've never watched them in the context of looking out for JD continuity.  I need to have a Predator and Alien/s/etc watching marathon at some point (there are things I like about all the films in both series, so it won't be a chore for me).

I've only seen the main line Alien films, as well as Predator 1 -2. But I'm quite sure the AvP films are good entertainment if nothing else.

Really looking forward to Shane Black's upcoming Predator film.

sheridan

Quote from: Apestrife on 22 May, 2017, 06:51:53 PM

I've only seen the main line Alien films, as well as Predator 1 -2. But I'm quite sure the AvP films are good entertainment if nothing else.

There was another film that came out as well - Predators, in 2010.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 22 May, 2017, 05:37:49 PM
I like Kilmer ever since TOMBSTONE and THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS.

I LOVE YOU MAN. A romantic comedy that follows the tropes of a romantic comedy exactly but, because it's a bromance, kinda  works and feels a bit different. But it isn't really.

I loved The Ghost and the Darkness.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tony Angelino

Val Kilmer was also great in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Robert Downey Jr. Very funny in places. I like him.

The Legendary Shark

What was that Mars one he was in with the murderous robot? I enjoyed him in that, too.

Red Planet.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mardroid

Quote from: sheridan on 22 May, 2017, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: Apestrife on 22 May, 2017, 06:51:53 PM

There was another film that came out as well - Predators, in 2010.

I pretty much like them all (even those that seem to be universally derided) although I have major reservations concerning AvP:Requiem, because it was too dark! I mean, literally! It didn't help that the predalien looked so much like the predator until you were up close in good light.

After Alien Covenant [spoiler]I guess it's best to view AvP and the predator films as another continuity, I guess. Kind of a shame in some ways, much as I liked Covenant for what it was.[/spoiler]

Smith

I was kidding,I got nothing against Kilmer.
Thief (1981) Most of the time I was thinking: Man,Jim Belushi was young.  :)
So okay,not the greatest movie,but its not bad either.

Link Prime

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 11 May, 2017, 11:37:51 AM
The Void
Certainly earns it's 18 rating, and for an independently made movie, it's pretty impressive as it focuses on practical effects rather than CGI. Very nighmarish in a Carpenter/The Thing/Event Horizon kinda way, but it does lose some coherency towards the end.

I just saw this recently, and was a little disappointed to be honest.
Great effects, great premise, just not what I was hoping for.

Smith

Lock,Stock and two smoking barrels.Im the last person on the planet to see the film,so what could I really add?Its pretty great.

Magnetica

Love that movie and even more so, as it is set on the same street I used to work on. And their premises features in the PS2 game The Getaway (albeit in different form, but it is there in"real life".)