Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: SIP on 07 August, 2017, 02:35:47 PMI somehow managed to avoid uncharted up to this point, I love it!

I envy you getting to play Uncharted 2 for the first time.  Fantastic game, if only because it was the last time Naughty Dog listened to fans and didn't do a dodgy QTE end boss.

Infinite Warfare again, for a trophy clean-up so I can delete the data off my PS4, only I might not now, as I fell back into playing some levels for fun again, as it's a great mash-up of Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica trappings against a basic runny-shooty game mechanic interspersed with some zero-gravity shootouts and simplistic but fun dogfights.  I could platinum this sucker if only I could bear playing COD online with its most awful fans, so I'll probably not bother, but the campaign remains a hoot and it's a shame there isn't more of it.

Another trophy clean-up was Horizon Zero Dawn, which had two extra trophies appear after I'd already platinumed it - "New Game+" and "Finish New Game+ On Ultra Hard", so obviously I had get those.  While playing on my finished save, though (in preparation for the upcoming DLC), I noticed extra quests had popped up, at least one of which had extensive machine-hunting goals, so if you'd already done everything before the last couple of updates appeared, there might be a bit more mileage left in this for you.

Prison Break - sneak-em-up shovelware tie-in to the tv show.  Not hard and certainly not rocket science, but throws cheevos at you if that's your bag.

Jak Daxter Adventure - Android port of the PSP Jak tie-in set between Jak & Daxter and Jak 2.  A bit more sluggish than I remember the PSP version being, though it's still a solid game and it's baffling why it's free-to-play and not been thrown into a compilation bundle along with Jak X Racing and Lost Frontier, as despite the limitations of these seemingly-forgotten entries in the Jak series, they remain fun games.  Worth a look.

Link Prime

Downloaded Sonic Mania for the Switch last night.

It's a glass of ice-cold awesome.

Zarjazzer

Sniper 4 on hardcore-ouch!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

jacob g

I was trying to finally finish Andromeda... and ended up replaying The Last Of Us.

This is horrible. I've never thought that Andromeda is as bad as people are saying. I like that it forces you to be more politically active than just marching through everything because you're destined supreme war leader. You can't play Andromeda the way you played M1-3. But at the same time many things that I liked about Andromeda have become pain in the ass in its later stages. I hated every second on Voeld (except the "whale" mission). I hated half of my companions because I didn't care about them. I hoped that Andromeda would be someting like Fallout 4 for me. A guilty pleasure where I know the game is pretty bad, is nothing like the original, but I just sink in and then wonder where did all my time disappear.
margaritas ante porcos

JamesC

I've found myself in the gaming doldrums recently. Nothing really seems to be doing it for me. I fancy something open-worldy but without too much RPG stuff or frustrating bolted-on extra gameplay mechanics or endless cutscenes (tried Watch Dogs 2 which was painfully un-fun and Just Cause 3 which feels empty and directionless). I'm almost tempted to just play Far Cry 4 again.
I think I'm suffering from withdrawal from my retro set-up - I moved house about a year ago and all my retro stuff is waiting to be set up in a new dedicated area. It'll be great but it means I haven't been able to play Megadrive Shadow Dancer or have a couple of days on Dizzy for ages. I think I need that from time to time as a palette cleanser.

Professor Bear

Give Uncharted: The Lost Legacy a go.  It's pretty obviously just expanded DLC, but once the tutorial stages finish it turns into a lightweight open world thing where you drive around an admittedly not very large jungle area looking for old ruins to rifle through and gunning down a seemingly endless army of mercenaries - then it turns back into a linear action adventure for five levels of platforming, punch-ups, shootouts, and hanging off exploding vehicles.  I thought Uncharted 4 dragged on a bit by the end, but this is just about right, and you'll be through the whole thing in about 3-7 hours depending on how much exploring you want to do.

JamesC

That sounds promising and it's fairly cheap too. Thanks.

Keef Monkey

Beyond Good & Evil - Never played this when it came out but with a new one in the works figured I'd give it a go. Really, really enjoyed it. There are some janky old-school camera issues that caused some frustration at times (especially during stealth sections) but the world, characters and story still hold up brilliantly. Bags of charm, and what must have felt like quite a mature story at the time.

Greg M.

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 28 August, 2017, 09:54:38 AM
Beyond Good & Evil - Never played this when it came out but with a new one in the works figured I'd give it a go. Really, really enjoyed it. There are some janky old-school camera issues that caused some frustration at times (especially during stealth sections) but the world, characters and story still hold up brilliantly. Bags of charm, and what must have felt like quite a mature story at the time.

Enjoyed this a lot at the time, though haven't played it for years - I'm not generally a big fan of stealth-related antics, and I recall some of those bits being slightly irritating, but the characters and the aesthetic behind the game scored highly with me. Particularly liked the photographing of the alien fauna. What news on the sequel?

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Greg M. on 28 August, 2017, 10:15:43 AM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 28 August, 2017, 09:54:38 AM

Enjoyed this a lot at the time, though haven't played it for years - I'm not generally a big fan of stealth-related antics, and I recall some of those bits being slightly irritating, but the characters and the aesthetic behind the game scored highly with me. Particularly liked the photographing of the alien fauna. What news on the sequel?

Think the latest is that it's going to be a prequel, which seems an odd choice because the original had a cliffhanger so after all this time you'd think they'd want to give the story an ending! There's a CG trailer that looks pretty great, although it's a great deal swearier than the original game which seems another odd choice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9VPnI34dPw

Apestrife

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 August, 2017, 09:29:51 AM

Brilliant. Love how creative each act two is.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Apestrife on 29 August, 2017, 06:41:17 PM

I really fancy this but have never played a Sonic. Is it like Mario? I just thought you ran from left to right and there was nothing to it?

BTW: There is nothing meant as a joke in the last paragraph. I really don't know.
Lock up your spoons!

Apestrife

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 August, 2017, 11:02:24 PM
Quote from: Apestrife on 29 August, 2017, 06:41:17 PM

I really fancy this but have never played a Sonic. Is it like Mario? I just thought you ran from left to right and there was nothing to it?

BTW: There is nothing meant as a joke in the last paragraph. I really don't know.

Some running yeah, but also lots of timing jumps and figuring out how to proceed. Alot of different paths. Can be played quite methodically.

To me Green hill zone sums it up really well, the appeal of Sonic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEfKC4sxTG8

Dan2000

I have start play every single part of Call of Duty from the first part to the last one and also play Fallout 4. Awesome.

Angry Vince

Grim Dawn

A great example of a Diablo RPG with a little steampunk thrown in. Well worth the very modest price.

Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)