Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

If you like The League of GentlemenPsychoville's dark humour.

Inside No.9 is new series by Steve Pemberton & Reece Shearsmith.

The opening episode last week was so brilliant and dark!

2nd Episode on tonight at BBC2 at 10pm.

judda fett

Cheers for the reminder Goaty ta.

Goaty

Wow, that was many I not expect that scenes! Hehe!

Goaty

So enjoyed 2nd episode of Inside No 9 tonight, then I notice comedy actor playing "Deaf and Dumb" Salesman on it, he couldn't signing, thought I knew many Deaf actors can do that then [spoiler]didn't expected that ending! [/spoiler]

M.I.K.

I hadn't read much about it before I watched it last week, but was getting a very strong 'Tales of The Unexpected' vibe from it.

Then the bloke from the Royal Jelly episode showed up.

CrazyFoxMachine

Finally got around to this yesterday - WOW utterly brilliant, I'm preferring this in a way to Psychoville. I'm a real sucker for the anthology format - especially as they seem to be being quite adventurous with it. This episode was one of the finest bits of TV I've seen in aaaaggess.

Daveycandlish

Second episode had me crying with laughter at the dog escapades :) :)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Greg M.

I just caught up with this yesterday as well - brilliant stuff. They're really embracing the opportunities offered by the format - I wonder if the other episodes will see them carry on the theme of creativity spurred by limitation. Probably the most controlled bits of telly I've seen from the pair - whereas 'League...' and 'Psychoville' were big, mad, sprawling works of craziness, this has been very stripped-down, focused and clever.

Steve Green

Yeah, I'm really enjoying these.

Goaty

Goaty

Oh wow! That is great twist I never see for miles! I was wrong

NapalmKev

Episode 3 was excellent. But I did manage to guess the ending about 2 mins before the end.

Great show!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Pete Wells

Just watched all three. Nasty stuff, really enjoyable!

Goaty

Quote from: Pete Wells on 20 February, 2014, 08:22:40 PM
Just watched all three. Nasty stuff, really enjoyable!

Yep, great written too! it's all still on iPlayer if anyone of you think of watch it?

CrazyFoxMachine

Third was good - not as good as 1 or 2 as trying to second-guess the twist got in the way of enjoying the show a bit but again a neat set of characters. Really am lapping this up.

Also Reece Shearsmith in the last House of Fools was great as well. 2014 sees the Reece resurgence.