Main Menu

The Man in the High Castle

Started by sheridan, 12 February, 2018, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Only just managed to catch this series - two down and a third series (sorry, season) on its way this year.

Can't find any thread about it, but the first series was about three years ago or more.

It's been a fair time since I read the book (nearly twenty years) so can't remember how close an adaptation it is - don't remember the antique dealer at all, but Rackle has read the first few chapters since we watched the series and he's in there right from the beginning. 

Proudhuff

Yeah, I'm a Dickhead, have been for for 40 years  :D

Loving it and do remember the trader, one of PKD recurring themes the 'Historisy' of items.

The sets and clothes I love, just wish the Yanks weren't quite so pretty. But that's a minor quibble, total recommend it to all.  :thumbsup:

DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

Season 1 felt padded-out but faithfully adapts the guts of the whole book leaving Season 2 – while more compelling – as all completely new content. Not sure how the change to what seems so far like the existence of a literal [spoiler]alternate world[/spoiler] rather than an impressionist one will ultimately play out or if it will work.