Main Menu

He's supposed to be the Met Commissioner, not Judge Dredd.

Started by philt, 22 September, 2005, 02:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

So if britain becomes a dictator ship who's up for a revolution?

hahaha

Noisybast

Meanwhile, somewhere in PSU:

"Sir, we've located another insurgent."

"Koneczny, eh? Sounds foreign. Let's pay him a little visit..."
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Max Kon

we are both going to get visited now.
if they do i'll post here

Eric Plumrose

Heh. The report in the Times refers to Dredd without explaining who or what he is. So, to help out its non-comprehending readers, it starts banging on about Robocop, no doubt confusing them further.

The Times even quotes criminal barrister John Cooper who, despite it being quite evident he has never seen the Paul Verhoeven film, still uses it as an example of what Ian Blair is proposing.

"In this film, when the Robocop confronts the hapless driver, he says, 'You have the right to remain silent — for ever', and then shoots him dead . . . I trust this is a little over the top and I sincerely hope that Commissioner Blair is not an aficionado of this film."

Et tu, John? That's the tagline to Maniac Cop, shurely?

Brilliant.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Grant Goggans

You know, I'd giggle from a safe distance and watch the introduction of the Brit-Cit judge system objectively from afar... if our president wasn't so terrifyingly reminiscent of "Bad" Bob Booth.

--Grant

Floyd-the-k

oddly enough our cops are getting more power too - pretty soon they'll be all called Judge Bruce

Nobody tried superimposing the helmet on Blair's face to see if it suits him?

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Steve Green

Cheries as Judge Death, surely?

- Steve

Steve Green

Oh I like this - he was suspicious because amongst others " I am carrying a bulky rucksack, and kept my rucksack with me at all times"

What should he effing do, leave it around - that's exactly what the PA tells you to do every five minutes...

Can't win.

- Steve

Mudcrab

lol, "You cannnnnnot killllll what doesssss not sssssstop grinnnnnnnning!!"
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Will I. Cooling

I was always hoping that Dead Ringers would use Dredd for one of its Blunkett sketches i.e. Big Dave firing Dredd for being "too soft" on criminals.

And yep Ian Blair and the wider police are certainly not wasting any time in using the current terrorist situation to demand new powers. Thankfully, it seems that the Lib Dems (Mark Oaten made a good speech didn't he?) and the Tories (Davis is good on civil liberities whilst Clarke hates the police from his time as Home Sec.) won't give Labour an easy ride over the new anti-terrorist laws.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Steve Green

"The crime issss life, the sssentence is a Mayan rebirthing cccceremony...."

- Steve