Main Menu

Custom 4" JUDGE DREDD Figure

Started by teckno viking, 27 May, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

Something since the First story of Dredd came out all those years ago I wanted. 4" (1/18th scale) Action Figure of JUDGE DREDD.

Well thank`s to my sculpting/customising abilities and to TAKARA MICROMAN for the base figure I have the first of my JUDICIAL Force.

I present JUDGE Joe DREDD.

Dredd with MKII Lawgiver Holstered. Colt M2000 "Widowmaker" & hands

PROFILE shots

Drawing the LAWGIVER in ACTION

teckno viking

Some Posed, Shooting shots.

"WIDOWMAKER"

SEATED

Next figure Is ANDERSON

Spaceghost

Fantastic work! We need an official Dredd figure with this level of articulation.

Well done.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

teckno viking

My Thoughts too Spaceghost & Thank You.
The Microman has 30 points of Articulation and to me was the best base to work with.

If I can do this at my hobby desk, just think what could be done by a professional Company.

mogzilla

impressive for that scale, me I have sausage fingers and couldn't even do a decent shoulder pad for an underdressed reaction dredd I picked up cheap.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

TordelBack

teckno viking

Thank You so Kindly :D
  One of my proudest figures. Now working on LAWMASTER.

Wish one was available off the shelf comic LAWMASTER 1/18th scale :D

When you look at ALL the 1/18th Motorbikes out there. A DREDD 1/18th scale LAWMASTER series of "Comic, 95 film & 2012 film" would be a Great little set

judda fett

Good work Teckno! Always a happy day for me to see some custom work on here.

teckno viking

Thank You Judda Fett :D

Yeah custom figures sometimes show the path the company SHOULD take ;)

Imagine if 2000AD were to bring out a 4" Action Figure range from the DREDD universe, Rogue Trooper, Nemesis etc.
The beauty of 4" figures IMHO is that Vehicles, crafts are also more possible. Lawmasters, Land Raider (I have both on the bench at 1/18th to do), GI Drop Pods and More. Hell a MANTA Tank is do able at 1/18th and not too big and with all the functioning features you would want too.

I have some Brit Cit Judges underway as well as the Four Dark Judges (they are going to be cool) and a New HONDO Judge. I say New as I made one to give to my good friend HEATSHOCK who also is the guy seen wearing a HONDO JUDGE costume last year at LEEDS Thought Bubble & N.E.C. Birmingham.

Rogue Trooper is also underway as well. Already sculpted Helm & Gunnar & again 1/18th scale.

Misanthrope

If you want a good base for a 1/18 scale lawmaster, look up the Tonka Town police bike.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

teckno viking

LOL Got it alas the width is great the length is waay short.

So I have cut the front section off and building a new body and use the rear wheel.

I am also converting a diecast bike & finally building one totally from scratch.
Then see which of the three looks best.

Ideally a 3D printed one would be so much easier, alas I do not have one of those yet :/

teckno viking

Here is a work in Progress of the Lawmaster at 1/18th scale.

Tried to keep it accurate to the comic and no doubt see a few of the Artists variants in this.

It does have a Bigger Engine Block going onto the Lawmaster. Also will have side mounted Cannons & Quartz Cyclops at the front, once get to them.

Still a fair few things I want to do yet.

As said WIP

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Dash Decent

Quote from: teckno viking on 03 June, 2014, 11:15:44 AM
Rogue Trooper is also underway as well. Already sculpted Helm & Gunnar & again 1/18th scale.

That looks good, TV!  Please show us some shots of Rogue when you are ready.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.