Main Menu

Comics International

Started by Marbles, 06 September, 2002, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Just flicked thru the new issue in borders at lunchtime. Has few 2k related titbits in it.
(1) Dave Bishop's page has a mostly Zenith related interview with the Morrisson droid. Ends up by saying he'd consider doing more Zenith.
(2) More discussion (with Bish-Op featuring heavily gain)in the letter col's on the rights to IPC's characters. Frankly I've lost the plot on this one. I'll have to content myself by re-reading 'Johnny Red' from the original 'Battles' from ebay.
(3)Owner Dez Skinn hints at publishing soon a new 100 page colour monthly tradestand magazine ??? As a wild stab in the dark, could this be a reprint anthology comic ?
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Art

(1) Dave Bishop's page has a mostly Zenith related interview with the Morrisson droid. Ends up by saying he'd consider doing more Zenith.

I want that quote about Future Shocks placed in an emergancy glass case by the Messageboard door for when any wanna-be writers start moaning about idea of starting with 5-page shorts.

paulvonscott

Well, Art, Satch and Trouty have all pleaded work, as has a mate of mine here, but who else is going to the moniaive comics festival tomorrow?

That's near dumfries by the way.

In Scotland.

That's North of Watford.

Cheers

Paul

The Amstor Computer

What was the quote, Art?

(and on a Zenith-related note, I'd rather GM didn't produce any more - given the quality of Phase 4 & Zzzenith.com, I think that Zenith should be laid gently to rest)

Wood

Phase 4 was bloody brilliant.

And I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Generally Contrary

Art,

I thought that it showed that even Grant Morrisson had an occasional moan about Future Shocks.  But, of course, (through what seems sheer perseverance) he succeeded and got a few published.  Gives hope to everyone with a rejection letter.  This still does not include me.

The Amstor Computer

---Phase 4 was bloody brilliant.

And I'll fight anyone who says otherwise---

Pshaw! Raise your fists then, Master Wood... ;-)

DavidXBrunt

I'm on the side of Phase IV. Best bookm if you ask me.