Main Menu

'crap' movies and TV series you love

Started by Conexus, 21 January, 2006, 04:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

Why not all three were good films and how arnie adapted to Red Sonja is undenyabl;e

Art

Red Sonja is alright, but it's no Conan. It's not even a Conan the Destroyer...

Floyd-the-k

I only saw Raw Deal once and vaguely remember it being pretty bad. Red Heat and Commando are brilliant

Art

Quirkafleeg

I used to love You've Been Framed... though I used to tape it so I could fast-forward through Beadle's 'hilarious' links.

Oh and I'll watch any 'cop footage' program if it's on... esp if it's an el-cheapo yankie one where they show the same clip about ten times in a row.

Funt Solo

"And THAT'S why [pause for dramatic effect as clip of drunken mullet-sporting hillbilly ploughing into oncoming traffic is shown for the fifth time] you shouldn't MESS [repeat clip, but slower this time] with the LAW!" [repeat clip, one frame per second]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Carlsborg Expert

In the trailer for Battie Begins we have our veritable Bruce Wayne exchanging dialogue with Alfred on such a topic. Bruces own comment being that it makes and I quote; "Damn fine television."

So whether he is a thrillseeker or not, remains to be seen.

By me.This is why I assumed he may have slept with countless women. This does make me look like someone who sees the preying on women as a thrill though. Which I am, and should point out on realising this that I do not intend on doing it over the internet.

Yeah. That looks like one of those crap moments in a film you cannot help but love.

Satanist

Land of the Giants. Shitty Genius!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

auxlen

I love hi-de-hi....seasons 1-4. Some great performances there, especially Simon Cadell. And even though I moan and my GF for watching Friends, I chuckle away like everyone else. I admit though, that both aren't 'quality' television.

I enjopyed the film Soldier with Kurt Russell which is universally known to be a stinker and thought the Blair witch project was superb. Does that count?

Roger Godpleton

Hard Target. He shoots at a helicopter with a shotgun whilst riding a horse!

The Substitute 2. Tom Berenger kicking inner-city delinquent ass!

Phantasm 2/3. I was laughing at it, and it wasn't forced "ironic" laughter!

On a related tangent, is the first Phantasm some sort of classic, BBC1 had them all (except for 4) on in November, but I only saw 2 and 3. FEAR THE DWARVES.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

WoD

Big Trouble in Little China
An Innocent man - Tom Selleck movie
and many more...

MIKE COLLINS

I was utterly hooked on Santa Barbara the soap ITV used to put on betwen Kilroy and This Morning... just pure awful genius. It was fascinating watching actors who were obviously too good for the show (such as the future Robin Wright-Penn) struggling with the dreadful dialogue.

In movies it's The Patriot. Fabulously quoatable trash.

Adrian Bamforth

Hi-De-Hi was great stuff, somewhat dismissed I feel for it's use of silly slapstick, people in daft costumes etc, though that is rather the point: That's what passed for entertainment on the holiday camps. The pathos and character comedy especially around Jeffrey Fairbrother and Gladys Pugh was totally believable stuff. Definitely falls into the 'Dads Army' camp of Jimmy Perry series rather than the 'Are You Being Served' pantomime category.

ADE

paulvonscott

"On a related tangent, is the first Phantasm some sort of classic, BBC1 had them all (except for 4) on in November, but I only saw 2 and 3."

The first movie is a really great dodgy seventies horror.  Quite atmospheric.  The second one was the big budget one (believe it or not).  The thrid one was the comedy action one.  The fourth one was made for 650,000 and is actually pretty good for reasons I won't spoil.

Just don't try to make sense out of them!

Great stuff and may still be in the Play.com sale with the cheap boxset which has good extras.

Adrian Bamforth

The first series of The Black Adder before Ben Elton gets his hands on it.

Not because it's bad but because it's way more dark, intelligent, satitical, realistic, tragic and funny that the other series.

ADE