Main Menu

'crap' movies and TV series you love

Started by Conexus, 21 January, 2006, 04:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

The thrid one was the comedy action one.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Aaah. That explains a lot. (That bit at the start where The Blonde Chick gets her face eaten is pretty grim for a comedy though). But the second one was pretty funny as well, the bit where that tentacle pops out of his head had me in stitches, as did the chainsaw fight, and the least convincing sex scene ever, and that bit in the Tall Man's dimension with that baby thing crawling out of a bin. Are you sure it's supposed to be serious?

:p
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

paulvonscott

"Are you sure it's supposed to be serious?"

I never said any such thing!

There's some daft comedy with Reggie which is usually entertaining.  And the rest of the movies can be funny as well.

Phantasm has one thing over most crappy horror franchises and that it was all written and directed by one bloke, and everyone involved has a lot of time for the films.

Eric Plumrose

>> On a related tangent, is the first Phantasm some sort of classic, BBC1 had them all (except for 4) on in November . . .

I thought Auntie did the same thing she did last time and showed only 2, 3, and 4.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Carlsborg Expert

radiator

Far too many too mention: Hollyoaks, Mighty boosh, Neighbors, Nathan Barely, Action Force - The Movie, Matrix reloaded, coughtankgirlcough. Can you tell I'm a student?
How about an opposite thread? Things that are supposedly great and critic proof that you just can't stand.
Mine would be: Father Ted, Little Britain, Citizen Kane, David Lynch etc.

Adrian Bamforth

"Phantasm has one thing over most crappy horror franchises and that it was all written and directed by one bloke, and everyone involved has a lot of time for the films."

Well I'm sure a lot of people involved in the Third Reich had a lot of time for The Final Solution.

ADE

Devons Daddy

have to be honest.
i have the full set of Miami Vice. and i love watching it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Amstor Computer

Well I'm sure a lot of people involved in the Third Reich had a lot of time for The Final Solution

Ummm. Not particularly tasteful?

I, Cosh

I really loved The Final Solution up until Colin "Here's a nice picture of a chin" took over for the last few episodes.
We never really die.

paulvonscott

Ade, the Third Reich may have supported it, but to my mind that's just more proof that it wasn't the best way to finish Johnny Alpha off.

Anyway, Phantasm rocks you fool.

Rob Spalding

Submerged, or as I like to call it "Steven Seagal and Vinnie Jones together at last in C-Movie glory."
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - for easons I can't even fathom.
Ultimate Force - if you don't like this you are either a girl or a poofter!
Wings of the Apache - Top Gun in Helicopters!
Wrestling - "Fat sweaty men in tights, slapping each other." As Jon0101 put it.
Re-Animator 1+2 - don't know if these really count, but they have the great Jeffery Coombs in, so nyah!
The Last Boy Scout - just for the exchange:
"Just once, I want to hear you scream."
"Play some rap music."

Floyd-the-k

I liked that Batman movie with Arnie in it.  And the one before with Robin.....not all time genius, but fun flicks I could watch again (and way better than the second Burton movie)

DavidXBrunt

Phantasm doesn't rock, it's merely okay. Phantasm 2 and 3 however rocks like a pendulum swings.

Adrian Bamforth

Yeah, I like Batman & Robin.

There's a certain amount of snobbery I feel in the Batman franchise, in that many people were surprised that Batman was dark and not just comic-book sillyness when Tim Burton started it...then eventually people are offended when a Batman film reverts back to comic-book sillyness. Batman is both these things. In fact I would argue by the time you bring Robin in, it's hardly worth taking the 'serious and dark' approach and may as well just embrace the ridiculousness of it all, something Arnie is very good at. As Mark Kermode said at the time, it's a feast for the eyes and the ears.

Haven't seen it since but I'm sure I remember if you listen closely you can hear trumpet blasts during the punch-ups during the fight scenes, a homage to the Adam West series - which is fine by me!

Personally I never bought Burton's 'dark fairy tale' interpretation of Batman - the first film is just plain boring.

ADE

Buddy

The comic book sillyness came from the Adam west series, the Shumacker (sp?) films were just a remake of the 60's series.

The Burton Bats flicks were great at the time (the second much better that the first) but have dated quite a bit. 3 & 4 stand up better against time but are just empty, just eyecandy as Kermode said.

Batman Begins, although not perfect was 'back to basics' approach to the character. A new start as it were.

Looking forward to the next one.