Main Menu

The Dredd VS Death official discussion thread

Started by James, 16 October, 2003, 07:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

I haven't actually got it yet but let's use this thread to discuss and review etc the game.

More once i've got it.

Art

I've got no notice of shipping from my Amazon pre-order... I'm sulking now.

Oddboy

Got my DvD! YAY!

Arresting perps, shooting stuff, getting mauled by vampires...great game.

Better set your phaser to stun.

James

CraveNoir

On the PC version, just press ESC and select SAVE from the menu. Save into any of the 10 slots. I don't know about other formats.

test 4 echo

i'm loving it.
done mission 1, finding it very playable. found joypad controls on ps2 took a while to get familiar with, usually play on pc keyboard/mouse controls.

visually fine, maybe better than i expected, i'm  on a ps2 afterall, but i expected a lawgiver to have a bit more bollox. hi-ex rounds seem a bit limp, a single headshot seems to work for standard rounds, or the few shots to the legs are a nice way to stop a perp. there are some nice touches in here, dead bodies caught by the arm on railings still jerk about if you shoot them. flaming fatties roll on, dredd seems to have a voice i always imagined but when did female judges start lowering the zip on their uniforms? dress code violation surely.

daftest arrest so far...3 months - hamster no licence.
total sentences pass 746 years, rating dredd.
fuck with me not, i am the drokkin law!

CraveNoir

Oh, and when you press ESC use your arrow keys to reveal your Objectives. They change as you progress through a level. In the demo you could've pressed 'O' to see them but that doesn't work in the full game.

You'd think they would've mentioned it in the manual... along with how to save your game.

James

'Tis the XBOX version I have, and it seems it will save once you complete a level. If however you get halfway thtough a level and switch off, it starts you back at the beginning. No checkpoint saves a la HALO.

Art

Top Tip of the day: Finish off burning zombies with a good hard punch. That sorts them out without depleteing valuable Justice Department resources.

Something Fishy

This has annoyed me.

i can understand the issue on Ps2 but X-Box has a hard drive so this is just silly.

Lets down a great game..

I just don't have time to play through a couple of hours at a time so this will stuff my progress big time.

test 4 echo

you mean you cant do a mission in 15 min? :)

i know what you mean though, how hard would it have been to include a save option? everyone has a hard drive or memory card.
seems you can learn where perps/vamps etc will be, in the same place you found them at the last attempt. doesnt seem to be any randomness so far, on the ps2 version at least.

The Amstor Computer

Finally, back online!

Anyway, just a quick question - is the playable demo given away with the new issue of OPSM representative of the rest of the game?

I was very disappointed with what was on show in the demo, and if it is a true indicator of the quality of the final game, I think I'll wait 'til it hits the bargain bins.

Something Fishy

Vampire killing:

anyone got any good tips on how best to kill of the vamps quickly?

James

Take your time, shoot them in the head with an armour piercing. For added comedy/action wait until they're running on all fours at you. If you hit 'em right they flop all over the place still kinda running sans head.