Main Menu

Comics you are excited about in 2016

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 October, 2015, 09:30:23 AM
Fantastic, BSC!

I was only thinking about Grandville yesterday and disappointed that I couldn't see a new title listed anywhere for pre-order.

But... 2017!  That's a bit of a wait.

And misses the open goal of starting a new thread ...  :)

Ancient Otter

Mezolith Volume 1 will be coming up in the Boom! January 2016 solicitations.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 19 October, 2015, 09:31:13 PM
Mezolith Volume 1 will be coming up in the Boom! January 2016 solicitations.

That's a great comic.

Or... do you mean it'll be a new vol 1? Pleaseletitbenew

Colin YNWA

Alas the preview shows its the volume one that came out a while ago. What I'm hoping is that this paths the way for the long await volume 2 being viable?

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 October, 2015, 05:32:20 PM
Bloody hope so!

Me three.  One of the fascinating things about Mezolith to me in that every archaeologist I know who's read it loves it - and so many have. There's something just so right about it: even the fantastic bits feel like they really are the stories told by prehistoric peoples.

Colin YNWA

NOWHERE MEN!!!! NOWHEREMENNOWHEREMENNOWHEREMENNOWHEREMEN

NOWHERE MEN.

Its back, at last, in January and running monthly. Its a little sad, to say the least, that Nate Bellgarde doesn't seem to have over come his battle with depression as it would seem he won't be on this arc. You have to hope that Eric Stephson the series co creator has seen him right? From a purely selfish point of view the news that Dave Taylor has taken over on art duties is very good.

This was probably my favourite American comic when it was first out so I'm very very happy its back... from that purely self point of view.

Hawkmumbler

So, Mezolith is something pretty special, huh? Guess I should jump on that re-release then.

Prodigal2

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 October, 2015, 10:08:13 PM
So, Mezolith is something pretty special, huh? Guess I should jump on that re-release then.

It really is special Hawk. Swoop on it fella.

Ancient Otter

Prophet: Earth War and a new series from Simon Spurrier for Image Comics in January, Cry Havoc.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 October, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
Alas the preview shows its the volume one that came out a while ago. What I'm hoping is that this paths the way for the long await volume 2 being viable?

That was the impression I got when Archaia listed the re-release.

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 October, 2015, 10:08:13 PM

Yes, grab it from the shelf and run all the way to the cash register.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Ancient Otter

BatmansSuperiorCousin, you may have to start a 2017 thread as something else is popping up with a 2017 release date: Requiem: Vampire Knight Volume 6!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 01 November, 2015, 11:36:15 PM
BatmansSuperiorCousin, you may have to start a 2017 thread as something else is popping up with a 2017 release date: Requiem: Vampire Knight Volume 6!

I'll start one next June/July!!! :)
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Woof, not only have we had all the Empowered one-shots thus far collected this year and Volume 9 is creeping up my "too read" pile, but Warren has a new one shot coming out any time now.  :thumbsup:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/12/preview-empowered-special-7-for-gamergaters-and-sjws-alike/

Colin YNWA

Sooo this isn't so much that I'm excited BUT whether I should be excited. See Mike Baron's Badger is coming back in February. Now I've never read any Badger but I've read Nexus and like what I see of him there and have enjoyed the majority of what I've read by Mike Baron.... so can anyone recommend Badger to me and should I be excited about its return?