Main Menu

That gum you like is going to come back in style -

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Caught this last night before hitting the sack, and dozed off sporting a complacent smile.

It's looking extremely likely that It's Happening Again.
The age & condition of our surviving thespians doesn't bother me one iota- anything can be achieved with make-up / digital wizardry.

Just a shame a few cast members have passed on- including the one playing the character we've been awaiting a resolution to; Bob.

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 October, 2014, 09:35:49 AM
Just a shame a few cast members have passed on- including the one playing the character we've been awaiting a resolution to; Bob.

I didn't know that. That's a shame, but I suppose the solution to that is the same as the answer to the question What The Hell Can We Give Ray Wise To Do?

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie co-op on 04 October, 2014, 09:52:41 AM
What The Hell Can We Give Ray Wise To Do?

Once they have him laughing & crying at the same time, I don't care!

Hawkmumbler

Mardroid

This is one series I have never really watched. I caught the odd episode here and there and was intrigued, and I always meant to watch it from the start.

The Blu-Ray set is tempting for that reason, but it's rather a lot to shell out on if I really dislike it. Hmm. Maybe download a few episodes first, and see how it goes? I think that's the best idea.

TordelBack

I hope any future outing acknowledges the events of Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated Season 2 Episode 22.

Colin YNWA

Loved Twin Peaks back in the day, loved it. Been meaning to re watch it again for a while in light of the wonderful telly that's been produced in the US and see how it holds up.

now might be the time to do that!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 October, 2014, 09:35:49 AM

An aged version of spirit Bob (Frank Silva) would lose its impact. He didn't say much anyway and if they're stuck they can re-purpose some old footage of him looking threatening in a a denim jacket.

Link Prime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 October, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
looking threatening in a a denim jacket.

Spent a quare bit o toime in Carlow, have ye?

Another option for Bob could be Silva's *choke* Doppelganger from the Black Hole Sun video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Charlie boy

Or they could get Henry Ian Cusick to whiten his hair...
If anything comes up from this, I'm probably going to be one of a small minority who would rather get a couple of films released X amount of months apart here than another series. I think you've much more chance of it ending closer to the way Lynch/Frost would have ended it that way (not to mention Lynch's vow he wouldn't work on TV again) and in the age of Boxset binges and Netflix etc, it's not like anybody won't be able to play catch-up easily enough beforehand.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Charlie boy on 06 October, 2014, 10:38:27 AM
I'm probably going to be one of a small minority who would rather get a couple of films released X amount of months apart here than another series. I think you've much more chance of it ending closer to the way Lynch/Frost would have ended it that way (not to mention Lynch's vow he wouldn't work on TV again)

The original way was a third season, the film plan only arose when the series got cancelled. Twin Peaks always had a make it up as they go along approach so I just see it as a continuation of that. A couple of films would cost more and likely lose a lot more money. TV is where it belongs. Of course this may end up being something else entirely.

JOE SOAP

"David Lynch and Mark Frost will start shooting a new, 9-episode season in 2015. They're trying to bring back as much of the original cast as possible, with Kyle MacLachlan definitely on board reprising his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper. Composer Angelo Badalamenti and Emmy Award-winning editor Duwayne Dunham will likely be involved as well."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHsA4WIFvc

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new-twin-peaks-2016-showtime/#ixzz3FNkv3JMF

Colin YNWA

Well colour me excited!

(I'm sure there's some quote from the show that I should use at this point that would be fitting but as I say its been a while!)

thispersona

I can only think of one quotation from the show to express my excitement and that's because I've plagiarised the line from Dale Cooper for years now whenever asked about my preference when drinking coffee.  "How do you like your coffee, Agent Cooper?"

I'll paraphrase his response in this way:

"What are your hopes for the new series of Twin Peaks?"
'I hope it's as "black as the night on a moonless night."'

JOE SOAP

Quote from: thispersona on 06 October, 2014, 05:44:45 PM
I'll paraphrase his response in this way:

"What are your hopes for the new series of Twin Peaks?"
'I hope it's as "black as the night on a moonless night."'

Itself paraphrased from Dylan thomas' Under Milk Wood - "It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black"