Main Menu

Primal

Started by Emperor, 29 August, 2011, 01:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Just watched this as part of Film Four's Frightfest season:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1438534/

Not too bad - some of the CGI was a little shaky and the characters were all thin archetypes but it was unrelentingly nasty, which managed to turn it up a couple of notches when required and it even took a page or two from the John Smith play book.

So well worth a watch, especially as it was free ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Goaty

It not bad, there was lots of good horror films in last two weeks part of Film Four's Frightfest season;

The Disappeared: low-budget UK film which I thought was so creepy and chilling, as slowest at start, then oh my god.

The Loved Ones: very very brilliant horror film from OZ! That Lola is so bitch scary girl!

Timecrimes: the Spanish "Los Cronocrímenes" film was one of best low-budget films I ever see! No CGI or special effects etc... (sadly it will be remake by US next year!)

Let the Right One In: now one of my fave vampire films!

Emperor

I think I missed the early part of it, so am kicking myself over missing some of those you mention, I did catch Orphan and Eden Lake, which were effective genre films even if they didn't necessarily bring anything new to the party.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

COMMANDO FORCES

I missed it due to still having fun at a BBQ and forgetting to set the bloody box.