Main Menu

How to make a healthy vibrant forum?

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 August, 2019, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Sounds brilliant. A springtime 2020 thing maybe?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

A Lancashire shark-con? Sounds Zarjaz!

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Perhaps with an invigilator present, to steer the conversation away from statism, climate change and vaccines ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 October, 2019, 03:15:58 PM
So much for anarchy!

Only joking, of course. I was just entertaining myself by imagining what the Politics thread and the Global Warming one would look like played out in real life, with all of us staggering about half-cut  :)

Funt Solo

I'm quite guarded in non-Internet social situations so end up not saying much.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Whereas I am virtually incapable of communicating verbally at all these days - partly due to my CBT routine, I just keep keep my mouth shut and my grunts noncommital as much as possible. This camping trip is sounding great crack altogether!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 October, 2019, 03:58:12 PM

This is why they invented beer.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 October, 2019, 08:26:56 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 October, 2019, 03:58:12 PM

This is why they invented beer.

He's right, you know. Before teaching adults had more or less cured me of my chronic shyness, it was beer all the way.

Get the cans in, Sharky boy.

Colin YNWA

Well I thought I'd resurrect this old lovely as I've become mildly obsessed with the data - arh data fills almost every part of my life right now - as it seems one of the key things to a healthy vibrant forum is a plague filled and locked down world. Now we're seeing baby steps I agree, but this year was already holding its own for the first time in gosh knows how long - posts wise - but this April while we've all been stuck at home has been very busy... well busy.

April typically is the quietest month on the forum (using 'Post' as the metric) in any given year, yet, not surprisingly, this month has been the busiest so far this year. Its the busiest April since 2017 - which doesn't sound much but that on a back drop of reduced posts year to year for a good few years now and a very significent one between 2017 and 2018.

So yeah in times of hardship looks like the forum has become a bit of a place to huddle together and check in and have a bit of fun, I salute you all.

DrJomster

Forum data? Where's that then? *potters off to investigate*... ... ...

Aha! What's this? Interesting stats indeed!

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?action=stats

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dandontdare

Hey I'm only 380 posts from the top ten!

I always find this one fascinating: https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?action=who

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 May, 2020, 11:45:50 PM

I always find this one fascinating: https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?action=who

Go Dandontdare go - you can break that top ten. Looking at Number 10 I don't think they post (alas) anymore so get wittering!

Oh I don't need more stat based rabbit holes to fall down but what folks (and so many guest!) have been looking at is very interesting...

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 May, 2020, 11:45:50 PM

Interesting - I've never seen that page before!  I had no idea there were so many unregistered viewers of the forum...

Quotepauljholden      18:36:39      Unknown Action

Ahh - if it had just said PJ was looking at a page that'd be one thing, but 'Unknown Action' adds that air of mystery!