Main Menu

JUNE ART COMP - REVERSALS OF FORTUNE

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 07 June, 2012, 03:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Cheers to the glorious Jon for his theme for this month's comp:

"Reversals of Fortune

What if Dredd was kicked out of the Academy? What if Dante joined the priesthod? What if Judge Death had become Judge Hugs?

Basically: What would it be like if our favourite character's lives had undergone a 180 and everything had gone wrong (or right if they're already a wrongdoer)?"

AHA! Very good theme.

Rules are thus:

- You can have as many entries as you want but bear in mind it'll split your vote so IT MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.
- No entries from anything you've done previously - they have to been drawing SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS
- There WILL BE PRIZES. ACTUAL PRIZES. For the first prize winner and for "Tharg's choice" so there's all to play for - !

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 28th OF JUNE THEN WE SHALL ENACT THE VOTING DANCE

Jon

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 June, 2012, 03:40:50 PM
Cheers to the glorious Jon for his theme for this month's comp:

"Reversals of Fortune

Ah, that's very kind, but I can claim no credit. All Emperor's idea.

I like "The Glorious Jon" though. I wonder if work would reprint my business cards?

Emperor

I hope this inspires a flood of entries and don't forget* there are two prizes!!

Now let me see what I can come up with this time...

* Because we won't let you
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bolt-01

Ooh, now where did I put my thinking cap?

CrazyFoxMachine

Awh - I was MISLEAD by Emperor - do correct it if ye want Mr E!

Jon

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 June, 2012, 04:03:14 PM
Awh - I was MISLEAD by Emperor - do correct it if ye want Mr E!

Misled or misdirected?? Jon and I came up with a few ideas, we had a quick talk about it and that seemed to be the one with most promise. No need for corrections, I'm happy to let Glorious Jon take all the credit/blame.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

a chosen rider

Any artists interested in a one page script for this?  Basically a "What if Tour of Duty went badly for Dredd?" story.  Featuring Dredd and Beeny, mood piece rather than action-fest, though there's one panel with a big crowd scene.  I can do the lettering and provide reference scans from ToD if necessary, and naturally the artist would get the prize if it's a winner.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

The Monarch

I may have to unretire "Daves shitty art corner" just for this as I have a brilliant idea...

Jon

Neatly proving why some of us need to work with writers;

IAMTHESYSTEM

Clever idea well executed Jon.  Blimey this surely deserves a place in the Megezine or 2000AD.

Reminds me of Lee Carters work. Superb. :thumbsup:
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

Van Dom

Brilliant stuff Bolt and Jon. Off to a great start this comp!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Monarch

Davids crappy art presents...

What if Johnny Alpha wasn't born in a strontium storm!

Buttonman

Poor old Studs Boyce!

Great stuff fellas!