Main Menu

Singularity

Started by Keef Monkey, 08 November, 2010, 07:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Rented this recently, and its great fun! It seems to have been sneaked out with no real marketing push or fanfare, which is a shame because its up there with some of the best shooters out. The plot is very 2000AD (its a time travel conundrum whatsit with alternate histories and stuff) and the mechanics are a lot of fun to play around with (you can freeze time in localized areas and also age people and objects at an advanced rate). Freezing time around a group of tightly bunched enemies, dropping an explosive barrel (yup, they're in it) in the air in the middle of them, then firing a bullet into it and watching the result in slo-mo is a moment of joy that will stay with me forever.

Its short of being a classic, it riffs a bit too heavily on Bioshock for it's own good and some of the enemies aren't as well thought out, but the set-pieces are fantastic and the story really satisfying pulp sci-fi.

Anyone tried it?

Dr Feeley Good

I really enjoyed it,and it isn't bad online either !

Keef Monkey

Quote from: SteveMillar on 08 November, 2010, 07:47:52 PM
I really enjoyed it,and it isn't bad online either !

Actually jumped online to check it out, was surprised to get straight into a match as I wasn't sure anyone would be playing it. Died instantly several times without working out what the objective was though. Learning curve is always steep on a game that's been out for a while!

Keef Monkey