Main Menu

The Walking Dead Comic thread

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

The hardbacks are absolutely gorgeous, 10/12 (can't remember) issues per book, one a year, large format and glossy pages. You can get them for 16/17 quid each new and they are totally worth it.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Proudhuff

That lastest issue is stretching things;

In a world where there would be next to no background noise, the big bad baseball baddie drives a couple o monster army truck up to the walls of Rock's compound as surprise attacks 'em sigh

DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 January, 2014, 01:21:53 PM
That lastest issue is stretching things;

In a world where there would be next to no background noise, the big bad baseball baddie drives a couple o monster army truck up to the walls of Rock's compound as surprise attacks 'em sigh

Must be same silence engine on the tank in last TV episode of the current TV season.  ;)

Proudhuff

Indeed goaty.

I have been enjoying the Letter Hacks page, Tharg should start that kind of thing  :-X
DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

Quote from: Alski on 15 January, 2014, 12:58:53 PM
The hardbacks are absolutely gorgeous, 10/12 (can't remember) issues per book, one a year, large format and glossy pages. You can get them for 16/17 quid each new and they are totally worth it.
Have to agree. Includes cover art, sketches and plenty of written creative info.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 January, 2014, 01:21:53 PM

Also, what exactly was Rick's grand plan that this turn of events was a surprise?  Even [spoiler]if Ezekiel's group had succeeded and the outpost hadn't come to his aid, wouldn't the Governer Negan have got rid of his zombie problem sooner or later[/spoiler]?  Everyone always has, even without ammo.  Even without Negan's clever ploy, Alexandria's gate is completely undefendable because you can shoot and/or drive straight through it.  Defense in depth, people! 

And again I ask, where are the walkie talkies?  One call from Ezekiel to Rick and there are no surprises.

Proudhuff

i think he was aiming for a war of attrition, with the herd wearing down Negan before he sent in his troops again, best laid plans etc

Those walkie talkies or their batteries could be powered by one of these solar thingies:

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 January, 2014, 04:33:44 PM
Those walkie talkies or their batteries could be powered by one of these solar thingies:

Or indeed Alexandria's own power supply.

Proudhuff

Issue 131: one panel of zombies out of 22 pages. I'm starting to get this confused with my Radio Four Archers story lines...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 September, 2014, 11:42:01 AM
Issue 131: one panel of zombies out of 22 pages. I'm starting to get this confused with my Radio Four Archers story lines...

Issue 132 and yikes! 16 pages of [spoiler]whispering [/spoiler] Zombies fighting  :o Archers no more.
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Just reading the latest issue.  :o

About those [spoiler]"whispering" zombies[/spoiler], [spoiler]very clever and creepy twist in this issue! [/spoiler] :o :o :o

Proudhuff

Quote from: Goaty on 11 October, 2014, 06:00:26 PM
Just reading the latest issue.  :o

About those [spoiler]"whispering" zombies[/spoiler], [spoiler]very clever and creepy twist in this issue! [/spoiler] :o :o :o

There's [spoiler]more of em [/spoiler] and they are [spoiler]pretty good at what they do[/spoiler], not to keen on the teen love element creeping in, but overall great to see a new and different threat. 
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Yep as read new latest issue. Very insane!

BPP

Quote from: Goaty on 24 October, 2014, 02:37:42 PM
Yep as read new latest issue. Very insane!

Thought it was clever but ultimately disappointing. Had it actually been whispering zombies then that would have been creepy. As it is it looks like another human group v human group thing coming.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Tiplodocus

I've just finished the two ALL OUT WAR trades and ended up more than a little confused.  There are some good individual small moments of conflict but the overall battle/war is poorly sketched out without much sense of place or time.

And after another "You kill, you die!" statement at the start of the War, Rick changes his mind and decided to bore the sweary Governor to death [spoiler](before sneakily slashing his throat confident that his Doc can fix it???!!).[/spoiler]

I haven't enjoyed this (long) storyline at all but am looking forward to some new stuff.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!