Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar COMMENTS Thread 2019!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2019, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Yeah the calendar continues to be a daily delight. Thanks to all who are contributing and otherwise supporting.

JayzusB.Christ

Proper good girl art today. Great stuff.  RIP Babs Hershey!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

von Boom

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Colin YNWA

Yep have to say Gail Nedrey's Hershey today was quite superb.

Pete Wells

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, it's awesome. Has she ever drawn Sláine? Her scratchy McMahon style seems tailor-made for the big barbarian bastard.

Also that lovely Hershey pic reminds me of the Befana, the witch, with whom I've been internet-researching obsessively today for some reason, that does Santa Claus' job for kids in Italy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

RM147

A quick bit of info regarding the last few days of Advent Calendar shenanigans. The lovely Gail Nedry (my old school mates daughter) submitted a few pieces after some badgering from myself. I was amazed when Gail sat down and in the space of just a few hours cranked out the 3 pieces for this year's calendar.
I mean, really, really fast.
I had a rough 6 page strip I had planned for the lovely boys at FQP/Zarjaz. But it didn't really fit for them as it was more of a gimmick piece, inspired by Tharg's thrill power Death Match from prog 2000, where various 2000ad characters were pitted in battle.
I had just finished Hershey/Anderson and Halo Jones for this year's Advent calendar and was going to do a Rogue Trooper piece for my third slot.  But damn that Gail Nedry. She had me wondering if I could get my 6 page SHAKAR vs JOE PINEAPPLES done by 14th December.
So on Wednesday 11th I sat down to try and crank this out. It's rough with many, many faults but all 6 pages were completed in 14 hours over 3 days. There are continuity problems. Joe and Shakara may have differences of costume from page to page which I would have amended given a more normal timescale.
Gail made it look easy. I found it really tough to work this quickly. These pages are somewhere between sketch and finished work. But I did manage to get it done in a really tight timescale. But...it's just a bit of fun. So please excuse the lack of cohesive direction in the story. Jumps in narrative, poor lettering and the afore mentioned inconsistent art.
It's all Gail's fault. YO-HO-HO.
Have a Merry Christmas.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

All of these art pieces have been a real treat.

Loved the Shakara vs. Pineapples: "In the pipe, five-by-five".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

JayzusB.Christ

abelardsnazz

Fantastic stuff being put up by some very talented Squaxx, love it.

Pete Wells

Amazing work by RM147 - favourite of many favourite bits was "Cool guys don't look at explosions!"

Beautiful work by beautiful Colin too!

Maaan, I LOVE the Advent Calendar!