Main Menu

2019 Sci-Fi Special: A Tribute to Carlos Ezquerra

Started by Leigh S, 15 June, 2019, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

HOW GOOD IS SPECTOR??

So glad to hear John wants to keep writing him, though this means I shouldn't read the included script if I dont want to be spoiled?

Frank

Quote from: Leigh S on 15 June, 2019, 10:07:51 AM
HOW GOOD IS SPECTOR??

So glad to hear John wants to keep writing him, though this means I shouldn't read the included script if I dont want to be spoiled?

At Enniskillen, Wagner suggested Colin MacNeil or Simon Coleby could join him on Spector, presumably because of their experience drawing Wagner strips with heroes who set off the metal detector at airports.

Which would you prefer?

Leigh S

MacNeil for me, but that would apply in just about any circumstance!  I'll lay off reading the script for the time being.

The rest of the special is great stuff - Wulf beats up Hipsters - hurrah!

broodblik

Quote from: Frank on 15 June, 2019, 10:16:26 AM
At Enniskillen, Wagner suggested Colin MacNeil or Simon Coleby could join him on Spector, presumably because of their experience drawing Wagner strips with heroes who set off the metal detector at airports.

Which would you prefer?

Both of them are a good choices. If you want more gritty art, Coleby will do.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Quote from: broodblik on 15 June, 2019, 10:30:48 AM
Quote from: Frank on 15 June, 2019, 10:16:26 AM

Which would you prefer?

Both of them are a good choices. If you want more gritty art, Coleby will do.

They're both great artists. I suppose it depends on their availability, but you have to think the idea of royalties going to the Ezquerra estate would be a big draw.

Richard

I would want to see the rest of it illustrated, and my preference is for Colin.

Something Fishy

Has this started to arrive for pre-orders? I got my subs but not this today.

Krakajac

Is this special available for purchase from the online shop?  I've been looking on and off - but can't find it?  If someone could post a link - that would be great!  I'm just after this issue - not the bundle.

broodblik

Krakajac the specials are only available to be purchased on the day of the release, which is the 19th of June. Currently you can only buy the bundle or the items already released from the bundle. So it is case of having to wait.

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/SPE1901
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Krakajac

Ah!  Excellent, thanks for explaining that.  I shall be patient until the 19th of June. :)

Tomwe

The whole issue was a joy. Spector is a fab new creation. I kind of hope what with the scripts being published here that John begins a new story with a new artist. After all, he's used to writing stories where a new issue is someone's first. Kendall on something other than Deadworld was great too.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Something Fishy on 15 June, 2019, 02:43:18 PM
Yeah, mine showed up this morning, albeit with a chunk out of the back cover/back few pages, for some reason. Not sure why/how, given that it's shipped in a stiff card envelope.

Leigh S

A Thrill eruption?

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 June, 2019, 09:31:09 AM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 15 June, 2019, 02:43:18 PM
Yeah, mine showed up this morning, albeit with a chunk out of the back cover/back few pages, for some reason. Not sure why/how, given that it's shipped in a stiff card envelope.

TordelBack

Stock answer for all circumstances:  Colin.  But it's not like Simon would be a disappointment!