Main Menu

pROG 2008

Started by Leigh S, 28 September, 2007, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Prog 2008 details in the new Previews

Stront is back in the Glum Affair -yay! Alpha has to spring Billy Glum from prison?

Stickleback gets an offer he cant refuse

Shakara is back

Dante

Kingdom

all listed, but memory hasnt held much more than that.

Armitage is back in the Meg.... why, Lord, why!?

Trout

STICKLEBACK YEAH!

Several serious goodies there.

Nice one, Watch.

I, Cosh

Stickleback! Fuck Yeah!

Dante! Fuoco Da!

SD. Cool.

Kingdom & Shakara. Shrug.

Never read Armitage but it can't be worse than BoS can it?
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

Yes, both of the good Robbie stories!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Never read Armitage but it can't be worse than BoS can it?

Nope, but when it got bad, it got terrible. It started as Inspector-Morse-in-the-future and somehow turned into a bizarre, jumbled tale of a bare-chested techno-hero fighting zombies.

It was okay when it came back a few years ago, though.

- Trout

IndigoPrime

The very first series of Armitage was fantastic. It needs a grim and gritty artist to do it justice, and a slightly wacky plot, but not techno-gubbins.

P-BOT/1138

I REALLY CANT STAND SHAKARA. THE REST WILL BE GOOD. ALTHOUGH NOW THAT I KNOW,THE SURPRISE WILL BE GONE :-(

Art

Zap! Splat! Hack!

SHAKARA!

Grant Goggans

I'm still waiting for the Previews text to get posted at the usual site...

http://hovistocose.it/prev107.txt

Any day now...

Funt Solo

They're running out of stock bad guys for Brit-Cit / Armitage.  They've had the Royals (ticking predictability box #1), the Masons (#2), the Judges (ie the establishment, #3).  What next for Armitage?  Well, hopefully, not yet another bad guy that turns out to be his boss.

I winced when I heard this was coming back.  Cursed Earth Koburn?  Nah, too popular.  The Simping Detective?  Nah, too interesting. How about something that was only ever "okay" or "yeah, I quite liked it" instead?  

Still, I was wrong about Savage - hopefully I'll be wrong again.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

DavidXBrunt

I'd have agreed about Armitage this time last month. Since then I've heard Dave Stones latest Bernice Summerfield play which starred Daves other signature character Jason Kane. And fck me but it's the best thing he's ever written, and the best Benny audio ever, and left me gobsmacked. If Armitage is half as good as that then we're in for a treat.

Dark Jimbo

The only Armitage story I read was a frankly quite dull 3-part thriller that just before the end suddenly turned into some gonzo parody of the Dark Judges - the joke being that they were four old geezers from a dimesnion where all youth was a crime. Odd stuff, but not in a particularly good way.

Stront, Stickelback, Shakara and Dante is a stonking line-up - only the addition of a double-length Cabs would conclude my near-perfect xmas prog.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

No room for that Ten Seconders follow up?
We never really die.

TordelBack

Kingdom 2!  Stickleback 2!  Dante!  Shakara!  Alpha!  My Crimbo is already complete!

vzzbux

Yeh what about the Ten Seconders? I quite enjoyed that one.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.