Main Menu

Star Wars Episode IX

Started by JOE SOAP, 10 July, 2018, 01:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

To no one's surprise.

[spoiler]Billy Dee Williams[/spoiler] Reprising Role as [spoiler]Lando Calrissian[/spoiler]

Link

JamesC

Professor Bear

Excellent news!  I was concerned there weren't any characters from the OT left to destroy, but I didn't give JJ enough credit.

Joking aside, this could actually go either way: on one hand he's an older male, and thus has to go under the bus, but on the other hand he's non-Caucasian, and thus must be elevated above the inferior white characters.  Finally the Sequels have introduced a wild card!

Mardroid

I wouldn't be surprised if he survived. While he has a fairly major role in tESB and ROTJ, he is still mainly a supporting character outside of the triumvirate of Luke, Han and Leia.

That being said I'd be equally unsurprised if he is killed, but I'd rather they'd stop doing that

Tiplodocus

If he does cop it, it'll probably be in a heroic self-sacrificing manner to appease those elements of the fan base who think character arcs must always include explosions.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

If I had to guess, he'll either be bummed to death by a droid with a strap-on - and even the haters will say "that's typical Lando" - or - because he became a respected community leader in his middle age - I suspect Lando will be a proxy for the Leia-shaped hole in Ep IX, which means he's basically Bail Organa MK2 and will most likely die off-camera when the planet he's currently occupying is shot by yet another Death Star.

Bolt-01

Personal head canon for Lando- He's an older gent, so has taken a back role in the 'businesses' he runs, leaving everything to an army of supremely attractive ladies- who are all his daughters. He spends his days trying to finance his alimony payments...

Tiplodocus

This film is writing itself!

I hope the Last Jedi Remake fellas are doing as well as us.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SIP

All I have to say is......ugh. Please god, can they not just leave the old guys alone.

SIP

If Lando somehow resurrects Han and Luke and then they all go on a lovely holiday with Chewie in the Falcon, then I'm in. If that doesn't happen, I'm not going to see it.

James Stacey

Luke's pretty much bound to be in it anyway isn't he? You can't keep a good force ghost down.

The Legendary Shark

I imagine him shacked-up with Maz Kanata, then immediately wish I hadn't.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SIP

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 July, 2018, 04:30:39 PM
Luke's pretty much bound to be in it anyway isn't he? You can't keep a good force ghost down.

Unknown at this point......we need some confirmation from Hamill, who has only previously said that he wasn't in it.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SIP on 10 July, 2018, 07:15:20 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 10 July, 2018, 04:30:39 PM

Unknown at this point......we need some confirmation from Hamill, who has only previously said that he wasn't in it.

I don't think he ever said he wasn't in it; only that he felt he's emotionally moving on after Carrie Fisher died, but as usual he's playing coy as he always does. I think it's a forgone conclusion he'll be in it. He tweeted a still of a countdown clock to Episode IX the other day.

Professor Bear

It's unlikely that Lucasfilm didn't have the option to extend Hamill's contract to at least Episode IX written into whatever he signed going in to The Force Awakens, and now Carrie Fisher has left us, who else are they going to put onscreen to appease the old-school Star Wars fans they apparently hate so much?  As unquestionably awesome as he is, Lando is not quite on the same level as the core trio in terms of box office draw, and in terms of storyline, who exactly is Rey supposed to learn Jedi-ing from if not Skywalker's Force ghost?