Main Menu

Prog 2064 - Return of the Mac!

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 January, 2018, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Love it, good line up at the moment but this Prog all of the stories are turning it to 11. Absolutely cracking episodes.

I'll start with Bad Company , which has been a little fly in the line-up ointment at the moment, not feeling it before, this Prog, regardless of my same issues still being there, not quite getting the theme yet, I loved this episode for what it was. Just good, violent, classic tooth fun. Well crafted and glorious in it energy.

Back to the rest then in order. Dredd had a very satisfying ending to this episode of the Russian Odyessy we now fine ourselves in. The story revealed its cards well, had a glorious [spoiler]resolution[/spoiler] for Salada, just brillant. AND it still finds space to set up the next stage. Just brilliant, quite brilliant and testament to something yet to be discussed that its not the highlight of the Prog.

Savage continues to play with its fantastically uneasy relationship. No one trusts each other, we don't know if Savage can trust Nika, he certainly doesn't trust himself. What are the 'allied' scienctist doing in the there? We know Uncle Pat doesn't trust scienctists. The central relationship in this story is just played so well and those other touches (well got over the science thing Uncle Pat) just add spice to the mix AND its a thrill packed delight at the end.

Good as all this is Brass Sun is the absolute shining light on this illuminated Prog. Its lacks action and kick of the other thrills, all of them, but it doing that it stands out and really takes the time to let the character drama breathe, get into you and like all the other thrills this week has a smackin' cliffhanger to pull you back in next week. Just perfect and in the context of of this weeks Prog the best of the best.

ABC Warriors is probably the weakest thrill this week and I still enjoyed it immensely. Loved the way Clint Langley used the visual cues handed to him by Uncky Patty and uses them to such effect. Its a fun story and while are writer does hit us over the head again with some of his ideas, lacking any subtly this does work in the context of this hyperbolic series. Its really good fun.

So yeah this is a real standout Prog. All the thrills avoid any mid story lull and just knock it out the park. The best thing is that each one of the, each one, has a fantastic last page and cliffhanger to absolutely pull you back next week. I'd be amazed if this was the prog that any didn't come back for more from its just a masterclass in pulling you back next week.

... just watch some bugger say, that's it I've had enough I'm done with the Prog now!

Batman's Superior Cousin

That's it I've had enough I'm done with the Prog now!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Darren Stephens

Quality review, BMC....care to elaborate, or should I not ask?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Colin YNWA

I think it might be a joke in reaction to the last line of mine (review that is).

JLC

Even though I think bringing back Bad Company was a mistake that is a great cover!

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 January, 2018, 06:38:24 AM
I think it might be a joke in reaction to the last line of mine (review that is).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 January, 2018, 06:38:24 AM

Yes it was & I apologise for any confusion caused.

Everything in the Prog is top notch (even Savage & ABC warriors  :o). I'll start posting my review once I'm on my laptop!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Tiplodocus

Catching up on two progs and the scrotnig art throughout has given me thtill power overload.

Such variety and all perfectly matched to the scripts! (Which are mostly pretty good with Dredd, Brass Sun and Savage coming out on top)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've sorta' half convinced myself, for no apparent reason it seems, that there's not much in the prog for me at the moment. Then I actually read the damn thing, and love it to bits. All except Brass Sun, which I'm afraid makes my enjoyment come to a clunking halt every week.
But everything else- even Bad Company- was blistering this week. Where else could you find such diverse storytelling, and the likes of ABC Warriors sitting next to Bad Company and Savage? Just fantastic. Zarjaz, even.
SBT

The Adventurer

I feel kind of disappointed with the New Year lineup, mostly because they are all sequels. And two of them are written by the same guy (who I'm not a big fan of already). Even Dredd is directly continuing events from the end of last year!

In short, only Brass Sun, a serviceable Dredd, and Rufus's artwork is holding up the Prog for me at the moment.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

norton canes

Afraid to say I skim-read most of this prog, nothing in it is really firing me up. Roll on the next line-up.

Link Prime

I'm enjoying both of the current runs of Savage and ABC Warriors, but maybe it isn't the best idea to run them at the same time.

Current line-up is working well for me in general, with the exception of the increasingly insane Bad Company (although the Dayglo Droid provides some enjoyment).

Mentioned before, but a perfect line-up would always include a Future Shock / Terror Tale style one-off in my view.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 18 January, 2018, 09:10:24 PM
Where else could you find such diverse storytelling...?
SBT

Yeah. I often bang on about diversity in art but this is also true. It's almost unheard of that you could take the script for X, substitute a few names, and end up with something that looked like a script for Y.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

jacob g

For now I'm very pleased with Prog but as someone said few post above mine, I really want to see something new. No sequels, no spinofs, something... new, or at least sequel to something quite new, like Counterfeit Girl.
margaritas ante porcos