Main Menu

Loose Cannons by Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison

Started by Wake, 29 April, 2005, 06:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

Loose Cannons was supposed to have been published by Marvel UK as a four issue mini-series in 1994. However, it was axed half way through the last book, just before publication of the first.

Mark Harrison has scanned and enhanced the original artwork, and the story is now available for all to read, including a brief history and extras gallery.

Share and enjoy!

Wake

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/markus/loosecannons/" target="_blank">Loose Cannons

http://www.2000ad.org/markus/loosecannons/pic1.jpg">

davidbishop

Still wish we could have found a way to get this into 2000 AD, but the complications of all the Marvel copyright linkages made it impossible, alas.

Glad that Loose Cannons finally sees the light of day!

davidbishop

johnnystress

Very nice it is too! Real pity it couldnt have been published( on paper..like)

longmanshort

I'm convinced that was a Warheads cover for Overkill back in the early 90s - or am I missing something and Loose Cannons is a Warheads story?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Wake

My mistake.

The caption alongside that image reads

"I had been working for Marvel UK for a number of months by now, providing cover illustrations for their anthology comic OVERKILL which amongst other things included babes with big guns. One image in particular caught the imagination of Editor-in-Chief Paul Neary. He had been looking for something for me to do; comic strip-wise. I seemed to be the ideal choice."

So it is probably an Overkill cover rather than anything specifically to do with Loose Cannons.

Wake

longmanshort

Heh, no worries. I can't begin to tell you the effect that cover had on a certain 14-year-old lad ...

GordonR

"One image in particular caught the imagination of Editor-in-Chief Paul Neary."

That'll be the blatant shaven haven crotch-shot, I'm guessing...

longmanshort

Dudley