Main Menu

2017 where the dust gathers....

Started by Proudhuff, 06 January, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Wotcha!

So was thinking it would be good to see updated photos of bookcases, collections and mancaves now that the Xmas hauls have joined the shelves, and a whole load of new dolls  action figures are out there.
Anyone what to start?
Colin?
DDT did a job on me

JamesC

I have an extended ex-garage building that's going to be a man cave with comic storage, a retro gaming area and a bar with patio doors that lead out into the garden.

At the moment it's just a slightly damp room full of boxes.
...maybe I'll wait for the 2018 thread

Trout

I may have begun a man cave project by building two - YES, TWO - bookcases, and teasing it on on Facebook.

Expect completion in the spring, although I'm not saying which spring.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trout on 06 January, 2017, 04:00:42 PM
I may have begun a man cave project by building two - YES, TWO - bookcases, and teasing it on on Facebook.

Yes teasing, teasing us so bad, you teasing teasey tease you.

Dandontdare

I don't understand the title of this topic

Trout

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 January, 2017, 06:21:51 PM
Quote from: Trout on 06 January, 2017, 04:00:42 PM

Yes teasing, teasing us so bad, you teasing teasey tease you.

I'm sorry, but I can't fix shelves to walls until I paint the walls, one of which has never been painted because it was a creation by our contractor, to cover a fusebox and other ugly things.

And I can't paint the basement until I finish the upper floors, which are all effectively a single space. Open-plan living seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm making progress... slowly.

And it's more like edging than teasing.

shaolin_monkey

The new Xmas stuff has largely been installed on my shelves, so here goes:

Star Wars corner - new additions are 1st Order TIE Fighter, Millenium Falcon, and Lego Mini X-Wing

Bookshelf - new Millenium Falcon cardboard model.

2000AD/cherished graphic novels shelf - new Globular Rad-Sleet Simulator!  :D

moly

Some great stuff there love the sensitive Clegg, werewolf judge and monkey on his cloud, did you make them yourself

shaolin_monkey

Yep! I also made the Gronk, Cookie, Don Uggie Apelino, and the Dredd snow globe.  :D

moly

Very impressive shaolin especially the clegg

SIP

Okay, updated my vintage Star Wars shelves with a Rancor, a dewback, a taun taun and my final "last 17" figure, Warok the Ewok.  This is now a complete standard set of vintage Star Wars figure. Could pimp it out fully with a dianoga, a probe droid and a blue snaggletooth. Maybe next year.

Hawkmumbler

Krakajac

My mini-cave of manliness has continued to evolve...apologies for the ordinary photos (low light).

North-side...within a year or two I will have to upgrade each shelf to hold 150 progs instead of 100 progs - which will give me a lot more breathing room.  But it's okay for now.

South-side...nothing much has changed with the vintage Action Man collection - space for one more figure.  Carrie's autographed photo a bit more poignant now.

West-side...again, not too much change.

East-side...big changes.  My mid-life crisis partially alleviated by a MAME cabinet.  Uses a refurbished PC.  Room on the wall for a King Carlos commission that I'm getting framed.

A better look at the cabinet.  The pinball plunger allows one to play...digital pinball games (funnily enough).

With the purchase of the MAME cabinet, had to do a bit of reorganising.  Resin DL-44 kit that I recently finished.  Bowl has 100 x US 1974 uncirculated one-cent coins.  Cost me a lost more than $1.00 - but nice to use with the gum-ball machine (now housing Jaffas).

That's it for now!

moly

Shaolin_monkey do you do commission ?

Something Fishy