Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Hmmm an online survey about shelving comics... hog heaven...

8-Ball

Quote from: Trout on 12 April, 2014, 04:46:19 PM
I also completed the survey. I am disappointed that it lacked the option "Byzantine combination of factors that it would take too long to explain".

That would have been my first choice too. :'(
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Andrew_J

Many thanks to everyone who took time to complete the "How I Organise My Trade Paperbacks" survey. We had ten respondents which, to be honest, was ten times more than I expected. I have carried out a detailed analysis of the data and present below my findings.

As this graph obviously demonstrates the preferred method of organisation is firstly by "character" followed closely by the "writer/artist" combo and (my own preference) "height". I won't go into the rest of the detail as I am sure its all very clear in the graphic below.

I trust this matter is now settled and there is no need for further discussion.

TordelBack

The bodhran-sound sound you hear is a vein in The Cosh's forehead throbbing fit to burst.  Audible all the way from Basel.

Andrew_J

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 April, 2014, 09:44:58 AM
The bodhran-sound sound you hear is a vein in The Cosh's forehead throbbing fit to burst.  Audible all the way from Basel.

I specifically picked the bodhran shaped graph for that reason.

Proudhuff

d'oh! just completed this after the closing date, No doubt my finding would have changed SFA
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

I thought graphs were meant to make statistics clearer? I can't made head nor tail of that spiderweb thingy.

Andrew_J

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 April, 2014, 04:52:00 PM
I thought graphs were meant to make statistics clearer? I can't made head nor tail of that spiderweb thingy.

I thought it was pretty clear. If you look at the eight models, first you may notice some similarities. All are modeling Y, an outcome. They have a "fixed" portion with some parameters to estimate – this portion estimates the mean values of Y at the different values of X. All quotas have a residual, which is the random part of the model–the variation in Y that is not affected by the Xs. Since the Xs are categorical, they have only a few values, to indicate which category a case is in. Those subscripts? They're really just indicating the values of X.

Hope that makes sense.

Dandontdare

8-Ball

Funnily enough that graph makes sense to me.  :lol:
At some point in the next few days I'm going to reshuffle my shelves into a more "pleasing" order and take a few photos. Watch this space.

James Stacey

OK here are some exciting photos of my collection in its current form. It's in the back row of boxes (along with the CDs)

James Stacey

I hope I don't need them any time soon (in the next 3 months) as the storage is currently like this. Hopefully then, project ManCave can commence.

Colin YNWA

How this is what we want to see. There's a lot of potential projects out there at the moment. I can't wait to see one of them kick into gear. Come one James don't be a tease let get that project started!

James Stacey

As soon as I get my hands on the house I will  :lol:. It's got students in it till June though so we need to wait till then, then we need to de-studentify it before I'll allow the precious collection in.

8-Ball

As promised here is my reshuffled shelves. Looking at them this way makes me cry. :'(