Main Menu

The Eerie Thread of Weird

Started by The Legendary Shark, 03 October, 2014, 06:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Yesterday, the lady who took my last CPC training session emailed my boss to tell him that I never turned up for the final Saturday session (I did). Today, the warehouse manager of my last pick-up in Preston telephoned my boss to tell him that I'd never turned up for the pallet I was scheduled to collect (I had, the pallet was on the truck and I was five minutes away from base when the manager called my boss- the same manager who had LOADED THE PALLET AND HANDED ME THE PAPERWORK, ffs).
I was beginning to feel like I'd died without noticing, driving those last few miles home was an existential nightmare, but fortunately, by the time I got back, both the trainer and the warehouse manager had contacted my boss apologising for their respective (and totally unconnected) mistakes. So it seems I'm still alive. I think.
I mean, I never thought of myself as a particularly memorable person but two people forgetting all about me in 48 hours is taking the bloody piss - and also very, very eerie and weird.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

I hate it when these newbies start threads, who is this guy anyway?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

I knew I should never have buggered about with that old looking glass...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 October, 2014, 07:27:41 PM
I knew I should never have buggered about with that old looking glass...

You also cocked-up somehow with that portrait of an ever-more handsome wholesome young fellow you keep in your (hypothetical) attic...

The Legendary Shark

Bloody Carlos - his English needs work and my Spanish sucks ducks.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

its because you went to preston your soul was sucked from your body
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Dandontdare

Have a look in the mirror. If you have acquired a neat goatee beard, you have clearly swapped places with your evil doppelgänger and should apply for a job with MI5 or Goldman Sachs.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 October, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
Have a look in the mirror. If you have acquired a neat goatee beard, you have clearly swapped places with your evil doppelgänger and should apply for a job with MI5 or Goldman Sachs.

I assumed Sharky's evil doppelgänger was Chief Executive of Goldman Sachs.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Nah, Sharkys evil doppleganger is Cadborosaurs. We just keep miss identifying him.

The Legendary Shark

I thought I'd eaten all of those but maybe there are one or two left. They're crunchy but fattening.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Thats funny, I thought Cadborosaurs was a shark anyway.