Main Menu

The Dredd (I am the Law) Mega Top 15 Tournament

Started by broodblik, 05 August, 2020, 08:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

WhizzBang

Quote from: broodblik on 06 August, 2020, 01:43:03 PM
A quick overview was that I initially tough a lot of people would place Day of Chaos quite high up their list and this is not the case. DOC was a great story, but I did not vote for it for the simple reason this was too much. Too much destruction, death, and chaos. It ripped the heart out of MC-1 and the citizens. I felt afterwards this story should not have happened. One thing I always enjoy about MC-1 is the silly wackiness and ridiculous, preposterous characters and stories. DOC removed it. Everything after DOC was just grim on grim on grim.

I would have left it off my list but in the end I felt it just deserved to be there a bit more than the others I missed out. I have only read it as a Rebellion trade and it was fairly gripping but I have never felt the urge to go back and read it again. It didn't do much to open new stories either, just made things a bit grimmer.

Colin YNWA

Well lets go for it and worry about it later as again I keep twiddling with it, so may come back:

1   The Cursed Earth
2   Tour of Duty
3   The Pit
4   Total War
5   Day of Chaos
6   Terror
7   Block Mania
8   Machine Law
9   Trifecta
10   The Apocalypse War
11   Tale of the Dead Man
12   The Graveyard Shift
13   Emphatically Evil: The Life and Crimes of PJ Maybe
14   Guatemala
15   The Small House

DrJomster

Here we go!

1. The Judge Child
2. Block Mania
3. The Cursed Earth
4. The Pit
5. Tour of Duty
6. Trifecta
7. Day of Chaos
8. The Apocalypse War
9. Sector House
10. Tale of the Dead Man
11. The Graveyard Shift
12. The Day the Law Died
13. City of the Damned
14. Total War
15. Origins

I was never that much of a fan of Necropolis. What can I say? *ducks for cover*

Bubbling under, I had Small House and Titan, which were also very fine and nearly in my top 15.

Many thanks for running the poll!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Huey2

1). The Judge Child (Prog 156 - 181) (26 EP) Mike McMahon/Brian Bolland/Ron Smith
2). Tale of the Dead Man (Prog 662 - 668) (7 EP) Will Simpson/Jeff Anderson
3). Oz (Prog 545 - 570) (26 EP) Jim Baikie/Brendan McCarthy/Will Simpson/Barry Kitson
4). Sector House (Prog 1215 - 1222) (8 EP) Carlos Ezquerra
5). Total War (Prog 1408 - 1419) (12 EP) Henry Flint
6). The Pit (Prog 970 - 999) (30 EP) Carlos Ezquerra/Colin MacNeil/Lee Sullivan
7). Sin City (Prog 1289 - 1299) (11 EP) Kevin Walker
8). The Apocalypse War (Prog 245 - 270) (26 EP) Carlos Ezquerra
9). Dredd Angel (Prog 377 - 383) (7 EP) Ron Smith
10). City of the Damned (Prog 393 - 406) (14 EP) Steve Dillon/Ron Smith/Ian Gibson
11). Beyond the Call of Duty (Prog 1101 - 1110) (10 EP) Carlos Ezquerra
12). Necropolis (Prog 674 - 699) (26 EP) Carlos Ezquerra
13). Machine Law (Prog 2115 - 2122) (8 EP) Colin MacNeil
14). The Scorpion Dance (Prog 1125 - 1132) (8 EP) John Burns
15). Origins

broodblik

After the first week of voting we have a clear pack leader and the top 4 already establish a good lead. At this stage we had 50 Dredd tales receiving votes.

As always remember you can vote as many times as you want but only the last vote counts.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

This is the last weekend to cast your vote.

Voting ends @ midnight Sunday or...........

broodblik

broodblik

Voted has closed. I will publish the top 15 in a separate thread