Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

My whole life they've been legos! Also I assure you Americans find the English pronunciation of "buoy" equally perplexing. Also: we've got some hot Mean Team takes coming down the pipeline!

And, hundweds of Walters? That would weally be tewwible!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Funt Solo

I'm British but teach math (not maths) to Americans, and it confuses the fuck out of them when I refer to 0.5 as "nought point five" because they think I'm saying "not point five".  I should say "zero point five".

Some things I've learned to change (like pronouncing tulip as two-lip, rather than chew-lip), but nought is too far ingrained to shift.

And then there's Arkansas.  And Boise.  And Butte.  And bangs.  And lifts.  And pants.  And rubbers.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 11 December, 2018, 08:59:14 PM
My whole life they've been legos! Also I assure you Americans find the English pronunciation of "buoy" equally perplexing. Also: we've got some hot Mean Team takes coming down the pipeline!

The wascal, putting the idea of a pwofusion of Walters in my bwain.  I'm afwaid that this kind of twope might pwedominate.  Let us not west in our stwuggle to pwevent such an occuwence from twanspiwing.  We must pwevail!

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 December, 2018, 12:43:31 PM

The wascal, putting the idea of a pwofusion of Walters in my bwain.  I'm afwaid that this kind of twope might pwedominate.  Let us not west in our stwuggle to pwevent such an occuwence from twanspiwing.  We must pwevail!

I felt like Chekov after writing that - now where's that nuclear wessel?

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 December, 2018, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 12 December, 2018, 12:43:31 PM

I felt like Chekov after writing that - now where's that nuclear wessel?

(further clarification - Pavel Chekov played by Walter Koenig and Anton Yelchin, not Anton Chekhov,played by Anton Checkhov).

SpaceSpinner2000

n our action-packed fifth episode Jason and Conrad continue their journey through the pages of the infamous classic comic with issues 13-15 of Action! This episode the Action keeps increasing, as new story Death Game 1999 begins and Hookjaw returns!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and thirty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 443-446 of 2000AD, covering November of 1985. This week Nemesis travels to the time wastes, the Strontium Dogs are in a tight spot, it's a hard time for mayors in Mega-City One, and Rogue Trooper once again returns to Mili-Com!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

shaolin_monkey

'Rage' - you are so cruel Conrad!  :lol:

AlexF

Space Spinner has hit my entry-point Progs, it's a special kind of Christmas treat!
And yes, Mean Team (Book 1) is just about the best thing ever, no arguments to be brooked.
To be fair to Alan Hebden, just like Mills on Slaine, 'the Beast' sets up from the off that the Mean Team are destined to save Earth...

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Loving this podcast more and more BUT highlight for me was for once not Prg related. I loved the conversation about Marvel Superheroes RPG. This was my RPG. I mean I played some ADnD, some Dredd and others BUT it was Marvel we always went back to. Such a great game and the universal table system just made it so flexible and easy to adapt to suit.

Loved it. I always remember that Nightcrawler advert for the game. I knew it before I knew anything about the character (he became a firm favourite of mine) and always wondered why they choose that picture. I mean he's carrying a large pane of glass right?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 17 December, 2018, 09:09:47 PM
'Rage' - you are so cruel Conrad!  :lol:

I apologize for nothing!

Quote from: AlexF on 18 December, 2018, 07:04:47 PM
Space Spinner has hit my entry-point Progs, it's a special kind of Christmas treat!
And yes, Mean Team (Book 1) is just about the best thing ever, no arguments to be brooked.
To be fair to Alan Hebden, just like Mills on Slaine, 'the Beast' sets up from the off that the Mean Team are destined to save Earth...

We've really enjoyed it! Yes it's silly and over the top, but that's what I'm looking for sometimes!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 December, 2018, 09:01:27 PM
Loving this podcast more and more BUT highlight for me was for once not Prg related. I loved the conversation about Marvel Superheroes RPG. This was my RPG. I mean I played some ADnD, some Dredd and others BUT it was Marvel we always went back to. Such a great game and the universal table system just made it so flexible and easy to adapt to suit.

Loved it. I always remember that Nightcrawler advert for the game. I knew it before I knew anything about the character (he became a firm favourite of mine) and always wondered why they choose that picture. I mean he's carrying a large pane of glass right?

Nice! Like I said on the show I mostly got the sourcebooks, big tomes of superhero histories and descriptions! We aren't talking about it a ton, but there are soooo many rpg ads in the progs at this point, for a bunch of different things. Good times if you're that kind of nerd!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and fortieth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 447-450 of 2000AD, covering December of 1985. This week it's Christmas time in Mega-City 1, Johnny Alpha and Wulf party in the past, Rogue Trooper faces a new threat, and at long last we enter the Tomb of Terror! Also Conrad has to be very quiet this episode, so let's keep it a secret between us!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Please let me know what you think of the episode, and merry Christmas!

Leigh S

Opened my Christmas present early! Good stuff and I echo your sentiments regarding the loss of GFD. I believe  Pat Mills would tell you that GFD is the unsung hero of the rejuvenation of British comics in the 70s, having succesfully resuscitated Girls comics (Tammy in particular?) before Wagner and Mills had even arrived and it was his inspiration that somewhat guided Pat in how to do the same with Boys comics?

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and forty-first episode Fox and Conrad take a break from reviewing weekly progs to reminisce on the whole of 2000 AD comics for the year 1985. It's a chance to reflect, review, and give out awards! Welcome to the 1985 Spinnies! At the end of every chronological year in our prog timeline we give out awards to the storylines and thrills we liked best over the last year. Stay tuned until the end to hear what's coming up in 1986 from both 2000AD and our show!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Also, we're planning a special 2018 Year in Review show for the early new year, and want to do an AMA (Ask Me Anything) as part of it! So if you've got any questions you'd like to ask Conrad or Fox about anything from our personal lives to 2000AD to whatever else, please feel free to ask! You can submit questions through any of our social media, here on the forums, or through our email at spacespinner2000@gmail.com. Thanks, and happy new year!