Main Menu

New 2000AD Binding from Prog 1

Started by matty_ae, 27 January, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

Quote from: matty_ae on 23 April, 2017, 07:32:13 AM
Here's the answer to 'should you get the Special bound in with the Star Lord comics?'

Looking at the Star Lords, the height is completely different way too much to trim. You can see it here.

Damn you IPC why did you do stupid things like this?

The binders will line the top of the comics up. My Star Lord Special is in with the rest of the comics.

glassstanley

Quote from: glassstanley on 21 September, 2017, 06:35:21 PM
I can't explain! I thought you were replying to my picture of my bound progs. That one's nothing to do with me!

When you said Matty-e I saw your username & thought you'd mis-typed Matey!

Colin YNWA

There a thread from a while ago where many of us expressed kindness and understanding for the unique way others choose to file their stuff. Its so personal and one person's A-Z is another persons mumbled mess. So please know I say what I'm about to say with both kindness and envy for the beautiful collection of bound volumes you have ... but...

For the love of God man get those Annuals into their own section they kill the flow man.

Beyond that HELLYEAH that's some glorious stuff you got going on!

IndigoPrime

Bunging everything in chronological order appeals to me. As does the binding in general. I shudder to think how much that must have cost, though. I'm already probably at the limits of what my geeky wife will be OK with, in terms of 2000 AD stuff. Binding all of the comics might push her over the edge.

glassstanley

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 September, 2017, 08:51:30 PM
For the love of God man get those Annuals into their own section they kill the flow man.

That's the one thing that bugs me. Every few weeks I'll move them together and every few weeks I'll move them back. Then at the weekend, the penny dropped ... matching slip cases!

glassstanley

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 September, 2017, 10:14:34 PM
Bunging everything in chronological order appeals to me. As does the binding in general. I shudder to think how much that must have cost, though. I'm already probably at the limits of what my geeky wife will be OK with, in terms of 2000 AD stuff. Binding all of the comics might push her over the edge.

It's taken *years* to get this far, spreading the cost. And you could always argue how much tidier things would be :)

IndigoPrime

My comics are all in white boxes under my office desk. Can't get much tidier, but Mrs G isn't happy they're essentially inaccessible.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 September, 2017, 11:47:57 PM
My comics are all in white boxes under my office desk. Can't get much tidier, but Mrs G isn't happy they're essentially inaccessible.
Where do your legs go?
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

I have a very big desk. Right now, there are three comic box stacks to the left of me, and four to the right (stacked two high), with a gap of about 70cm in the middle.

matty_ae

I've put this on the FB group but I've done up to prog 519 and I've pretty much run out of cash and progs.
It's a good time to jump off as I think the quality of the story-telling dips or repeats.
And that's all the bog paper ones done.

matty_ae

GlassStanley that wall is a thing of beauty.
I've just had a good stare at it and seen the chronology.
Are you using Hollingsworth & Moss as well?

glassstanley

Thank you. I love the extra design work on your bindings!

I'm using Blissetts. Think I found recommendations for them on a different forum.

I'm toying with the idea of making dust jackets next. I can see how I can do it relatively cheaply. It's the actual design that needs some thought. I'd want to use the relevant logo, plus have some kind of Contents table on the back. It would also need a template that's easy to modify as there's so many of them!

Once I'm up to date with the comics, I'm looking at slipcovers for the annuals, plus some sort of cover for the Poster Progs. I'm also playing with the eBooks of the Virgin novels, adding the Prelude from the Megs in. Then I'll make h/b copies to add to the wall.

My children have assured me that when I'm dead it's all going in the recycling !!!

jpentz

As my binding progresses, I'm thinking about dustcovers too. Do you know where I can find large quality files/scans  of the covers?

Richard

QuoteMy children have assured me that when I'm dead it's all going in the recycling !!!

Cut them out of the will.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.