Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prog / Re: Prog 2045 - Apocalypse Then!
« Last post by JPMaybe on Today at 07:49:06 pm »
Nah it was another one I'm thinking of.  Dredd tells him to behave cos he's just a citizen now or something.
Probably just crappy wording on my part  :lol: apologies dude.
Off Topic / Re: Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 07:41:26 pm »
I had to reread that a few times.  I am losing it completely.  On the first attempt I thought you had said that he has been working for the 'chemical weapons industry'.  The really scary thought is that I'm stone cold sober.  Or maybe that's the problem.   ;)
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Angry Vince on Today at 07:36:11 pm »
The Back to the Future trilogy.

Watched it with my 8 year old son (his first time) over the weekend.

It still holds up, genuinely funny moments and a few tense moments here and there. A couple of shonky FX shots and a lot of swearing - every time someone said 'shit', 'son of a bitch' or 'bastard', my son would look at me and say 'but it's still a PG!'.
Definitely worth watching again, maybe with a kids eyes.
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 07:29:08 pm »
Also, I'd definitely consider Shako a forgotten classic, despite its reputation!

Oh, I think that Shako is fondly remembered by those who read it the first time around - most of us first saw it as a much hacked about reprint in one of the annuals, which didn't do it any favours.

Yeah defo. While its no Flesh (but then what is) I do think its considered one of the early jewels in Tharg's crown. Certainly when I've discussed it here the thoughts of folks joining in has been overwhelmingly positive.
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by Lobo Baggins on Today at 07:20:15 pm »
Also, I'd definitely consider Shako a forgotten classic, despite its reputation!

Oh, I think that Shako is fondly remembered by those who read it the first time around - most of us first saw it as a much hacked about reprint in one of the annuals, which didn't do it any favours.
Ah yes you're right, I'd forgotten how much maths threw people last year especially.

Thank you, good advice.  He's on a msci with third year in industry which hopefully will help in terms of experience and options for the job hunt.   He's also been working this summer in QA for the D&E dept of a local manufacturer who produce pumps for the chemical industry amongst others and has been doing lots of work around fluids and flow which will be good for his CV.  We've been telling him is genuine gold dust when he's looking.

He has another week and a bit then a nice few weeks break before uni.  Well earned I reckon.
Prog / Re: Prog 2045 - Apocalypse Then!
« Last post by Frank on Today at 07:14:21 pm »
I've a vague memory of a black and white era story where a judge retires to get married.

Blanche Tatum (The Executioner, 292--294) was a 12th year cadet*, expelled for unauthorised liaison with the citizen she later married.

* You have to think a 12th year cadet would already know whatever krav maga, wu-tang shit the Department thinks makes full eagles too dangerous to let back onto the streets if they leave
Off Topic / Re: Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 07:12:27 pm »
Just make sure he gets started on his post Uni job hunting in his first year.  With those subjects and grades he's on course but way too many students leave it too late and end up scrabbling in their final year.  At least with Bristol he's in the M4 corridor so there's loads of choice.  (Is Porton Down still going?)

Your right, I'd forgotten those changes.  Maths changed the question structure so it required more thinking.  AS was one of the bigger balls ups in post 16 education (and that is in the face of some pretty stiff competition). 

Anyway, congrats, to him and to you all as proud family.
The biggest changes for him were the three sciences btw. All now entirely linear and based on the final result. Much tougher than they were so very chuffed
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10