Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

3A said in a comment on their Facebook page recently that they have plans for 1:6th. Short and sweet but positive for us lot. I've given up trying to guess what might/could happen with 1:12th.

dweezil2

Quote from: TheTooN on 02 December, 2017, 12:08:12 PM
3A said in a comment on their Facebook page recently that they have plans for 1:6th. Short and sweet but positive for us lot. I've given up trying to guess what might/could happen with 1:12th.

That's some positive news, I guess!

Really want those 1/12 Johnny Alpha, Judge Fire figures and hopefully Anderson and Rogue Trooper are being considered too!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Dash Decent

We know Alpha ended up being too expensive to produce as a 1/12 figure so perhaps scaling it up to 1/6 would make it viable.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

DKCX

What factors make the Alpha model so expensive versus say Sam Slade? The popularity, number of parts, material type??
More interested in him versus a Tharg or Sam Slade. Didn't stop me getting Sam either.

TheTooN

From memory Sam used some existing 3A parts and was only $50 or so at retail. Alphas costs were pointing to an RRP of $130 which just isnt happening for a 1:12th scale figure. Last I heard they were looking at other factories and such like to see if the cost could be brought back nearer the right price for the scale.

SIP

I'd pay a premium for a 1/6 Alpha.

Paid £260 for a vader.....if that was the cost of an Alpha, I'd still go for it.

Dash Decent

Quote from: DKCX on 02 December, 2017, 02:05:11 PM
What factors make the Alpha model so expensive versus say Sam Slade? The popularity, number of parts, material type??

The Alpha they had on display certainly had lots of bits (guns & electronux and time bomb etc), whereas Sam just had his gun and cigars.  They may have made him with a removable helmet or swappable head and I guess there was more to Alpha's outfit too, with armour and bandolier/holster.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

DKCX

Anyone with any news from 3A, looking distinctly quiet on the release side of things.

lincnash

With a severe lack of releases and News, I've resorted to making my own 12th  ;).

No News since before the release of 1/6 Dredd-ly  :'(

TheTooN

Mutts nuts linc, he looks fucking amazing !

I've given up asking about anything new for 2000ad from 3A. If and when it happens it'll be a nice surprise but given the gap from 1:6th Mongrol and Ro-Jaws to the next tooth release I'm not holding my breath for anything soon.

Its been quiet for 2000ad since 1:6th Dredd came out. I've had a couple of quick fixes from Unbox Industries with their vinyl Death and also a Nemesis figurine from Hachettes ultimate collection of 2000ad books. Other than those 2, pre-ordered a 1:3rd scale Dredd statue from Pop Culture Shock and thats it. Wont see that piece for a year or so. They also have a Slaine statue upcoming but no dates yet.

I've got the wobbles from going cold turkey after being spoiled for a couple of years.

thanks for sharing this one mate.

ted5536

I wonder if the line is dead at this point. Would hope we would have at least gotten an update on Judge Fire by now.

Mardroid

I do remember receiving an email from them a few months back stating that they would be cutting down on their projects. That being said, they did state they would continue with the 2000 ad line.

Their decision to streamline could be a factor, I suppose, but I won't give up on them yet. In the past they have gone through long periods without anything. It's just we got rather spoilt with a relative abundance of productivity, the last time they produced stuff for 2000 AD.

I'm still hoping for a continuation of their ABC warriors, at least. A small Ro-Jaws(never got the original when it came out) and Hammerstein would be great.

lincnash

No love for 2000AD from ThreeA  :'(.
Even the bootleggers are bringing out a Movie Lawmaster.
(Google "Heavy Armored Locomotive 1/6").

lincnash

First figure = THARG !!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
2 of 7 Meks  :-[
Satanus proto  :o :o :o :o :o :o
3 of 4 D.J's.  :-[
Alpha proto, priced more than a modern Hov-skimma  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apocalypse War Dredd  :o :o :o :o :o

gregory at 3A Forum :-

Re: 2000AD General Discussion

Post by gregory Yesterday at 15:30
I have an update for you all, and this decision comes from HK as of a few weeks ago.

First of all, from Ash and all of us on the team, we want to say 'Thank you!' to all the passionate 2000AD fans that supported our figure lines over the years. We are extremely proud of what we were able to produce and it is an endless thrill to hear about how much people love them. Unfortunately, I am saddened to announce that due to ever increasing production costs, scheduling delays, and unsustainable sales numbers, that 3A will no longer be continuing the 2000 AD collectible figure series. It's not for lack of passion, or wanting, or trying (as we had several in the pipeline), it just comes down to the damned math not adding up. Cheers to Rebellion and the 2000AD staff for letting us give it a go. And again, a massive thanks to all the fans that supported, promoted, and that have these figures sitting on their shelves!

Expected that from the day they paid for the 2000AD license.
Thanks for squandering something, that could have been ZARJAZ, 3A/Ash.

Dash Decent

I'm very grateful for the excellent, massive Dredd which is near perfect.  If I'd got this first, I wouldn't have bought any of the other Dredd figures that have come out (apart from the strange stuff like the penguin Dredd and the little Funko figure).  Three cheers also for the excellent Lawmaster and Dredd to fit.  Sam Slade is nice but I'd much rather they'd gone with Rogue Trooper.  Perhaps the new movie will lead to some kind of official figure.

As with lincnashOZ, doing Tharg and what amounts to almost a generic dinosaur seemed weird choices.  I'm disappointed they couldn't bring out Alpha, he looked great.  Mortis and Fear are good too.  I would've loved a Sov Judge to go against Dredd.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll