Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

At long last Zarjaz 30 is here! Another 48 pages of hi-octane thrills from the finest creators available, all wrapped in a cover by Dan Cornwell- one of Tharg's newest droids.

In this issue:

Devlin Waugh- Somebody that I used to know by writer Kevin McHugh and artist Lorenzo Nicoletta.

Judge Dredd- Descendants part 1 (of three) by writers RoboMonkey147 & Colin Clayton and artist RoboMonkey147.

Judge Dredd- Interrogation by writer Gavin Johnston and artist Aaron Murphy.

Judge Dredd- No Good Deed by Edward Whatley.

Judge Dredd- Spare the rod by writer Alan Holloway and artist Dan Goodfellow.

Judge Pigg by writer Rich McAuliffe and artist Mick Cassidy.

Tales of Mega-City One-Madhouse Bop by writer Santiago Mayaud and artist JP Vilchis.

Here is a direct link to the new issue in the FQP webshop

Modern Panther

Judge Pigg needs to be an ongoing series. Conventions would fill up with bacon themed cosplayers.

Bolt-01

The Judge Pigg strip is- in my opinion- a work of bacon flavoured genius.

Bad City Blue

It's certainly a fun read with a great pay off
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bolt-01

Hey there Squaxx! orders received so far have all been dispatched. Of course, when they will get to you is another matter entirely. I do not envy the posties in the snow...

Cheers

SpongeJosh

Got mine today. All the stories and artwork are on top form, fantastic stuff. Judge Pig put a smile on my face, "HI-Ex...and bacon!" is the best line in that story. Zarjaz is getting better and better. Well worth picking an issue up

Bolt-01

Glad to hear you liked it SpongeJosh- always a treat to get some feedback.

Remember folk- if you miss this issue you'll regret it.

Thrillpower levels scoring off the index this issue.

Bolt-01

I've been checking out reviews over night-

First off- The Forbidden Planet Blog where friend of the comic Joe Gordon says some very nice things.

The lads over at ECBT 2000 AD have included a review of Zarjaz #30 in the episode here. (Have to admit I don't know if it is a good review as I just can't get on with listening to podcasts. I've tried- but like radio 4 it just washes over me.)

Over on Down The Tubes, the mightiest of puns greets readers of the promo material.

Our cousins on the emerald isle have posted about the new issue as well. The Sector 13 blog is where to go!

Another review from the ECBT crew- this time it is a more complete look at the book.

If any other reviews appear- and I see 'em, I'll post links here.

Bad City Blue

BPP

That Edward Whatley Dredd is really nice - like a polished up early Gibson Dredd.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Bolt-01

Cheers BCB- though in the interests of transparency it should be noted that you wrote the 'Spare the Rod' strip.

It is nice to get a real review, and BPP- you are spot on. Edward Whatleys art is worth the price of admission alone. It was a total pleasure to see that strip from the pencils up.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 March, 2018, 11:31:10 AM
Cheers BCB- though in the interests of transparency it should be noted that you wrote the 'Spare the Rod' strip.

I really tried hard to be objective

Bolt-01

BCB- and you were- I was just getting it out there before someone else pointed it out, mate.

blackmocco

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 March, 2018, 11:40:51 AM
BCB- and you were- I was just getting it out there before someone else pointed it out, mate.

I'm awaiting my unmarked brown envelope full of fivers...

Oh, and the ECBT crew loved it across the board. As they should.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Bad City Blue

Quote from: blackmocco on 08 March, 2018, 06:34:37 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 March, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

I'm awaiting my unmarked brown envelope full of fivers...

Oh, and the ECBT crew loved it across the board. As they should.

How about a full review on the next podcast.