Main Menu

Favourite Comic Artwork

Started by JoFox2108, 01 May, 2017, 12:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoFox2108

A thread for sharing and discussing the comic artwork which we love.

What art really blows you away?  Do you have particular favourite artists?  What is it about the art you love which really does it for you?  Do you read some strips purely for the art?  Do you like more than one style?

So, here's some of the art I really love:

Let's start with some 2000AD stuff as it's some of the best...

Dave Kendall's art on Dreams of Deadworld looks amazing to me...

It's not just that it's really great artwork, I think the style fits the subject really well which really gives it a new dimension.

Then there's D'Israeli's original Scarlet Traces views of London and Scotland from Vol 1...

I love the colour that he's using and the effect that colour has on how we read the different places in this fictional world.  I also like the clean precision of the art which I think is perfect for the Scarlet Traces story.

Then there's David Roach's work in Prog 2000 - the Anderson story 'A Dream of Death'.  I though this was just beautiful.  I read it twice straight off the bat just because of th art...

So what art do you really admire?

Jo

(PS:  I did have a look for a thread like this but couldn't find one.  Now that could be because I'm fairly new to the forum, in which case, I apologise.  Cheers!)

QuoteIt's all a deep end.

SIP

Well, there has been a thread that was pretty much the total opposite of this one very recently, but I like your thread a whole lot better.

Dave Kendall is killing it with his deadworld stuff, I love it!

JoFox2108

Quote from: SIP on 01 May, 2017, 10:33:32 PM

Dave Kendall is killing it with his deadworld stuff, I love it!

Absolutley - it's amazing!
QuoteIt's all a deep end.