Main Menu

2000AD novels - what am I missing?

Started by Krakajac, 13 May, 2017, 07:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

positronic

And if Michael Carroll's Rico Dredd - The Titan Years THE THIRD LAW can make it into a print edition at a mere 90 pages, who knows if Matt Smith's "Among the Missing" might not eventually do the same?

positronic

Quote from: Krakajac on 13 May, 2017, 10:57:54 AM
I'll also throw this up.  I've got the original three printed novels, but it might be of interest to someone?  The 'I Am The Law' omnibus...

Collects : Dredd vs Death, Bad Moon Rising and Black Atlantic (the first three Black Flame novels).

According to the "Look Inside" preview on the Amazon US site, the book also lists Eclipse on the the contents page of this whopping 768-page omnibus.

Dash Decent

One of the original Virgin Dredd novels was republished as a non-Dredd novel some time later, I seem to recall.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 May, 2017, 01:07:51 PM
One of the original Virgin Dredd novels was republished as a non-Dredd novel some time later, I seem to recall.
Are you thinking about the proposed Doctor Who / Judge Dredd crossover novel?  The deal fell through so it Dave Stone re-wrote it as a pure Doctor Who novel with the IP-infringing elements filed off. 
Dave Stone: Burning Heart.
From the Author's Note (spelling intentional):
QuoteI have to acknowledge several people, without whom this book would have taken an entirely different course...
Andy Lane, who builded a Dreddful, as it were, Church into the Who continuity
The Church referred to is the Church of Adjudication, which has an Inquisition that wields absolute power over the twenty million inhabitants of the Habitat.

Richard

The Hundredfold Problem by John Grant was re-written as a non-Dredd novel, I think because the licence to use Dredd had expired.

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 14 May, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
The Hundredfold Problem by John Grant was re-written as a non-Dredd novel, I think because the licence to use Dredd had expired.

Ahh, this one - I had heard of it before but don't own a copy (I have the proper Joe Dredd version, but not Dave Knuckle.

maryanddavid

I didn't know the ebooks were starting to be released as print versions, I must get!
The Black Flame novels IIRC were for the most part a lot of fun, Fiends and Anderson were standout, and and few of the Dredds, Stront and Rogues were solid tales too.

CalHab

Quote from: sheridan on 15 May, 2017, 12:34:47 AM

Ahh, this one - I had heard of it before but don't own a copy (I have the proper Joe Dredd version, but not Dave Knuckle.

What in grud's name is going on in that cover?

positronic

Quote from: CalHab on 15 May, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

Looks like the Hulks have surrendered to the Femizons.  :o

sheridan

Quote from: CalHab on 15 May, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

This was the original: