Main Menu

Rogue Trooper (and related G.I's) Fanzine

Started by Steven Denton, 04 October, 2017, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I can contribute script or prose. What kind of length are you looking for (Matron!)?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steven Denton

At the moment it looks like I'm going to have more use for prose (or articles) I think between two and 3 thousand words.

I Would like to make a comic full of strips but realistically artists able to commit to sequential pages are going to be hard to find

The Legendary Shark

Ok, I'll get my thinking helmet on. What's the deadline?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steven Denton

The deadline is 'when I have enough stuff to fill a comic' realistically 2 years but I would love to have it done sooner.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steven Denton

I think either a US comic or Magazine format would be interesting (important to decide on the format before producing any art)

A mix of colour and black and white content. (mostly B&W)

An 8bit style top down shooter, cover disk (the disk would be fake but the game would be real and could be downloaded from a link)

Bhuna

pop with down for some sequential pages Ste.  ;)
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Steven Denton

Quote from: Bhuna on 27 October, 2017, 11:22:11 AM
pop with down for some sequential pages Ste.  ;)

Nice one! I will message to find out some important details (like how long, and if you have any preferential characters or tone)

flip-r mk2

I'm up for helping with the art chores:)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Steven Denton

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 27 October, 2017, 02:55:50 PM
I'm up for helping with the art chores:)

filippo

Thanks flip! I'm going to start a Facebook group soon for paring writers and artists and to get things going.

Steven Denton

I've never put together a Fanzine before, and by it's very nature this is someone else's intellectual property.

Who at Rebellion should I ask if this is OK to avoid being sued?

What's the Etiquette with fanzines?

Bolt-01

I'd suggest Molch-R in the first instance- if it needs to be a different droid, I'm sure he would be able to tell you.

Steven Denton

Thanks Bolt!

Fanzines and Fan art are such an integral part of the fan community I had really considers how massively copyright infringing it all is!

Steven Denton

Steven Denton

Guidelines are simple for anyone interested: I would like Stories (Artists and writers wanted, but the number of writers would depend on the number of artist)  Pinups/illustrations, prose stories and articles relating to Rogue, ancillary characters and his descendants.

I'm particularly interested in sorties that either add depth or explore unexplored ideas. The tone should be broadly consistent with 2000ad, current or past.