Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Reviews / Re: Another 2000AD read thread
« Last post by feathers on Today at 12:12:31 pm »
Feathers, you've got so much good stuff to come.

Don't rush and remember that TPO is a real thing.

Thanks Bolt-01!  I am planning a deceleration in future so I can cope with the eventual reality of 1 Prog a week, but can always re-read some highlights to stop the shakes if things get bad.  I'm aware that it's a dangerous game at this rate!

that 'more, but sexier' note on Durham Red is going to keep applying btw... :-[

Eep  :-[
Games / Re: Monkey Island
« Last post by CalHab on Today at 12:01:59 pm »
I am rubber, you are glue!

All the Lucasarts adventures were great and I'm glad to see that most of them have been re-released in modern formats, but it's a shame that the Indiana Jones games haven't been remastered.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by Dark Jimbo on Today at 11:50:15 am »
I hope it does, despite the current niggles. I'm not sure I'd want some Marvel-style open-ended thing, and I'd hope Matt would be quite choosy about what's included so we don't end up with Dry Run or something. But there's a lot of content I'd be happy to see in these hardback volumes: pretty much anything by John Smith (not least Indigo Prime, but also Firekind/Leatherjack/Cradlegrave), Armoured Gideon, VCs, War Machine (if it's not in the Rogue books) and a carefully hand-picked slice of post-WM RT, Starlord-era Strontium Dog, Jaegir, Button Man (if rights can be sorted), Scarlet Traces, Flesh, Leviathan (somehow – not sure what you'd twin it with though), The Red Seas (complete, if possible), Grey Area, Fiends of the Eastern Front, Ichabod Azrael…

...Atavar, more Sinister Dexter, Lobster Random, Damnation Station, Absalom, more Future Shocks, Aquila, more Savage - sooo much potential still to be mined.
News / Re: New 2000 AD creators blog
« Last post by broodblik on Today at 11:44:40 am »
AlexF I really enjoy your blog keep up the good work  :D
Off Topic / Re: RIPs
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 11:26:47 am »
Next time you’re at the checkout and you hear the beep, think of Dale Winton and have a little weep.
When I saw the thread had been updated, I wondered if it was going to be due to Barbara Bush or Dale Winton...
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 11:23:51 am »
Bix Barton or bust.
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 11:22:15 am »
I hope it does, despite the current niggles. I'm not sure I'd want some Marvel-style open-ended thing, and I'd hope Matt would be quite choosy about what's included so we don't end up with Dry Run or something. But there's a lot of content I'd be happy to see in these hardback volumes: pretty much anything by John Smith (not least Indigo Prime, but also Firekind/Leatherjack/Cradlegrave), Armoured Gideon, VCs, War Machine (if it's not in the Rogue books) and a carefully hand-picked slice of post-WM RT, Starlord-era Strontium Dog, Jaegir, Button Man (if rights can be sorted), Scarlet Traces, Flesh, Leviathan (somehow – not sure what you'd twin it with though), The Red Seas (complete, if possible), Grey Area, Fiends of the Eastern Front, Ichabod Azrael…
Film & TV / Re: The Last Jedi - Forum Opinion
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 11:15:34 am »
Most of you regular YouTube viewers have probably already seen this, but I was just sent the link recently.
Very funny, and spot on too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCB8DUGpYQQ
Film & TV / Re: The Last Jedi - Forum Opinion
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 11:11:08 am »
"Poe Damaron is my most trusted agent and I sent him on the most important mission the Rebellion had, and which was important to me personally, I trust him more than anyone in the whole of the Rebellion, even you, but I am specifically trying to teach him a lesson about going off and doing things on his own because that might result in deaths of people willing to follow him and others who will die as collateral and this is an especially precarious time for us all where any action might kill dozens, if not thousands of people and doom the galaxy to eternal fascism... what was I saying again?  Oh yes: don't tell him the plan if I get injured or something LOL.  Anyway, I'm just going to go sit on the bridge with Akbar for a minute.  BRB."

Its almost as if Johnson filmed the scene where they patronizingly patted 'troublesome' comatose Poe on the head first, then worked backwards from that moment, no matter how preposterous the plot.
Games / Re: Monkey Island
« Last post by Satanist on Today at 10:55:38 am »
You fight like a cow!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10