Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by geronimo on Today at 04:16:24 pm »
Many thanks, Walrus.
General / Re: The Commissions Thread
« Last post by chiefy2shoes on Today at 04:15:00 pm »
Dredd with my two year old daughter by Dan McDaid

Books & Comics / Re: New Comic Book Day Megathread
« Last post by The Adventurer on Today at 04:11:04 pm »
I finally got caught up on Hero Discovered. I still need to get up on Hero Defined, because I really want to be reading Hero Denied monthly. Hoping to solve that this week.

Hero Discovered was pretty great, and had some legitimate shocks throughout. A lot of talking though, with Kevin doing everything he could to avoid conflict, which I think was the theme of the series overall 'subvert super-hero expectations'. But I was never bored and always wanted to read the next issue. Good series.
« Last post by James Stacey on Today at 04:11:02 pm »
Im in the same situation .. I tried mailing them but no dice.
Prog / Re: Prog 2044 - The Magic is back
« Last post by Dark Jimbo on Today at 04:09:49 pm »
I've come to realise that whatever problems I have with post-Wagner Dredd...

Increasingly I think of Day of Chaos as more or less 'The End' of my Dredd - Wagner's final flourish in the grand Rise and Fall of Mega-City One that he's been writing all these years. Then follows 'The Epilogue Years' - Trifecta, Titan/Enceladus, Dark Justice, Ladykiller, et al - a gradual wrapping-up and leave-taking of the secondary characters.

But who knows, in five years I might tell you I was talking rubbish.
« Last post by walrus on Today at 04:09:45 pm »
Hi Folks, I am wondering if anyone else is in this position............
I subscribed to the test run and the 4 free GNs were sent to me.
Early this month I got an e-mail from Hachette telling me the series was being officially launched and I needn't subscribe but they would get in touch with me by e-mail to get my payment details.
I still haven't received that e-mail. Is anyone else waiting for that still?
Anyway, looking forward to getting some Thrill-power but am having sleepless nights over whether to go premium or not! who says life gets easier as you get older; decisions, decisions.

Hi Geronimo

I was in exactly the same position. I just contacted Hachette on the number included in the email which you have received, told them I had not received the subscriber number, they tracked me from my address and were able to set up the payment against it that way. Hopefully it will all be ok now. You can also contact them on Facebook which people on here often recommend but I am not on there.

Hopefully you will be able to sort it easily

Gawd what a challenge! Do we get extra points for using the most obscure character to have his/her/it's face illustrated in Twoothy?!
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Dark Jimbo on Today at 04:01:46 pm »
The Man Who Haunted Himself, starring the late, great Roger Moore. A car accident leaves a London buisnessman clinically dead for several minutes, and thereafter he begins to suspect he has a doppelganger making moves on his life... It's a bit slower in pace than is best for it at times, and it would have been nice if the stakes were a bit higher than an impending buisness merger. Cracking central performance from Roger though, and I love the 1970s bowler, brolly and Gentlemen's Club aesthetic. A worthwhile oddity.
Prog / Re: Prog 2044 - The Magic is back
« Last post by Frank on Today at 04:01:41 pm »
The title Ouroboros could very easily refer to the endless cycle of frenzied reactions of comics fans and the impossible demands placed on the writer of a beloved character.

You have valid all over your face. I've come to realise that whatever problems I have with post-Wagner Dredd are just my discomfort with the concept of house characters in general.

I'm going to let Dredd go in the same way I have Terminator, Aliens, and Star Wars.

Books & Comics / Re: New Comic Book Day Megathread
« Last post by Bolt-01 on Today at 03:55:43 pm »
I almost never post in here as I don't tend to follow many titles, but I'm making an exception for MAGE!

The Hero Denied 01 landed in my comiXology App yesterday (I've actually subscribed!) and what a joy it was to see. Matt Wagner shows once again why he's such a superb storyteller. I'm totally onboard for this ride.

Highly recommended.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10