Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Jimmy Baker's Assistant on Today at 08:14:44 pm »
I don't know about boundary changes, but the Tories might want to get to work on outlawing byelections, otherwise it's just a matter of time now.

Yes, although sadly they have every chance of clinging on for a couple of years, which is more than enough time to totally hose the Brexit negotiations.
General / Re: Any group of assassins/mercenaries in the Dredd-verse?
« Last post by Richard on Today at 08:02:37 pm »
You think the Gila Munja or some hired killer from a criminal organization is capable enough to murder someone high up in the food chain, like the head of the SJS or even the chief judge?
The Supreme Judge of East Meg Two was killed by Jonni Kiss (a lone hitman, who used some Gila Munja as a diversion).
« Last post by Richard on Today at 07:58:46 pm »
MOB BLITZERS!

Where can I read about them?

Also Emerald Isle progs 727-732 and Ex-Men prog 818.
Film & TV / Re: Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)
« Last post by Richard on Today at 07:52:33 pm »
I like Nardole, so there!
And Missy is brilliant.
Film & TV / Re: Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)
« Last post by Jimmy Baker's Assistant on Today at 06:31:09 pm »
A note of caution. In my view, the only other genuinely superb Capaldi episode has been Heaven Sent, but that was followed immediately by the supremely terrible Hell Bent.

Hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice, and yet I don't entirely trust The Moff not to screw this up...
Prog / Re: Prog 2036 - Betray the badge and pay the price
« Last post by Jacqusie on Today at 05:43:24 pm »

Brilliant cover by Chris Weston, he certainly makes his mark when Tharg allows him back into the prog. For my money he's not used nearly enough in 2000AD and it would be great to see him on a longer run on Dredd with Rob Williams.

Like Ian Edginton, I seem to relate more to these writers style and I think it's probably I'm getting on a bit. Dan Abnett's marathon discourses and daft sound bytes don't do anything for me.

I'm even warming to the plodding pace of Defoe (still beautiful art by McNeil) but I'm a bit confused by Titus's inability to incapaciate a few Reeks when he's taken out hundreds of the buggers.

Still, it's better than Grey area and Brink (blah blahdy blah blah)

Good job that there is muchos variety to keep us all Zargjizz...

Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 04:35:59 pm »

....right so how does that make the Thomas the Tank Engine toy heavier?

Well, obviously the embigenning process causes a quantum vacuum between the receding atoms which induces a multidimensional harmonic resonance throughout the whole intermolecular lattice and leads to clumping of the quantum foam, which in turn twangulates several frequencies of virtual energy, coagulating it into semi-realistic, artificial matter which, exposed to the Earth's magnetic ecostructure, act like normalised atoms to result in the simulation of actual mass.

Simples.

General / Re: Pat Mills - the politics of 2000 AD - Marxism 2017
« Last post by Smith on Today at 04:26:37 pm »
So method writing?
I dont dare to guess who he hanged out with to write Greysuit. :o
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Professor Bear on Today at 03:39:31 pm »
Outraged wheat farmers swung it because they were tired of finding crop circles where Theresa May had been doing constant u-turns etc etc.

I don't know about boundary changes, but the Tories might want to get to work on outlawing byelections, otherwise it's just a matter of time now.
« Last post by Smith on Today at 03:06:16 pm »
I did miss this. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10