Main Menu

Moments when you know you're reading the galaxies greatest comic.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 03 April, 2004, 04:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

The people of Hartlepool cheering charlie on as he struggles to get out of the sea.

Gets me every time.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

The Monarch

The final book of tsar wars as we see so many characters we've either grown to love or hate getting mercilessly killed off.

Dante fan me whatever gave you that idea ;)

Misanthrope

Its gets me so upset I forget it was Northpool.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Grant Goggans

I think Northpool's not terribly far from Blackcastle, where Doctor Who fought Meep the Star Beast, isn't it...?

--Grant

DavidXBrunt

The moment in 'Courtship of Jenna Makarov' where Dante is trying to blag a group of guards into thinking he's someone else and realises that he's standing in front of one of those 'Would you trust this man?' posters that have been popping up in strips for ages.

MrRazorz

Oldies but goodies...

From "The Ballad of Halo Jones", Book 3 ~

Medic: Hmmm, that's tough. How long ago did she die?

Halo: What...?

From "Zenith" ~

Maximan: They offered me a place in their ranks. A test of loyalty was required. So I tore, that is to say, rrrrrrripped out my eyes. My own eyes. And for the first time, I saw. Thank you.

From "Judge Dredd: Necropolis" ~

Dredd: So... no blame attached.

Kraken: Thanks. I appreciate it.

BLAM!!!

JimBob

The moment when as a kid reading Zenith book 3 I realised I recognised the suppporting cast, one of the best stories ever.
 I'm a bit confused about Asylum, I believe the dictators of Zarg replaced the great tale some of you have mentioned with a boring, clunkingly obvious, right-on tale in my progs. Rating Asylum as anything other than average is like preffering Brigand Doom to V for Vendetta, just wrong.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Hmm...

Dredd: The closing episode of Sin City.

Middenface: The heroin story in the meg last year. Middenface finds the dog who sold them all out & got his friend onto smack and sow's his mouth shut with his own needle and thread.

Dante: Dmitri's suicide at the end of the Tsar Wars.

Caballistics: Jen's demon form shows itself to Hannah after the fight in the abbatoir.

Bad Company: The secret of Kano's Black box revealed.

Sinister Dexter: Kal Cutters first kill.

Finnigan Sinister

JayzusB.Christ

The bit in Zenith where I found out the Lloigor were inside that pyramid thing in Peter St John's hand.
Also the aforementioned last part of Sin City. Dredd at his grim and weary best.
And the first meeting between Dredd and Kraken. Also the nuking of the South Sectors by the Sovs.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Cthulouis

the bit where Dimitri gives Arkady his crest, most powerfull crest of all, that cant be hurt by any of the others, yet no one else in the story knows and still thinks hes a weak annoying brat. there is so much promise to this premise.

Richard

Don't remember that bit, when was that?

The bit in Purity's Story when Nemesis reveals his full powers, and looks into the future to see what happens and discovers his final fate. Deep sense of foreboding.

In Tale of the Dead Man when Kraken kills four terrorists while unarmed and in handcuffs.

And the bit when Dredd almost murders Morphy's killer. "Why should I let you live?"

And the panel when we find out why Dredd failed Kraken.

And the next episode when Kraken executes himself.

And when the Sisters of Death wipe out about 100 judges.

Not that I liked that story arc or anything...

The Monarch

the bit where Dimitri gives Arkady his crest, most powerfull crest of all, that cant be hurt by any of the others, yet no one else in the story knows and still thinks hes a weak annoying brat. there is so much promise to this premise.

huh did i miss that?!?

Jared Katooie

"huh did i miss that?!?"

Just before Dmitri shot himself.

Krustabi

The Sisters of Death first appearance
The Trial of Orlok ending suddenly
The death of Kit Agee
Judge Death's descent when he realises: "Necropolis no more." "The end...of a beautiful dream"
Dredd walking through Kazan's craft, the Sov Judges grim facesas they do nothing to stop him.
Alpha vs. Stix in the Shickelgruber Grab.
The Quartz zone massacre.
Big Georgerealising his full potential in ABC Warriors.
Toy's death in Halo Jones...

Mr C

The Osmongs from "The Killing".
Sheer class.