Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Don't like to speak ill, but I never got the whole Clive James thing...
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 November, 2019, 12:49:39 PM
Don't like to speak ill, but I never got the whole Clive James thing...

His series of autobiographies are a joy to read.  Think I've read them at least three times each.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

strontium pup

rogue69

rogue69

Mental As Anything singer Andrew 'Greedy' Smith aged 63 best known for the song Live It Up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50642135

von Boom

Quote from: rogue69 on 03 December, 2019, 07:22:53 PM
D C Fontana best known for writing  Star Trek
https://intl.startrek.com/news/dc-fontana-1939-2019
Very sad news. I enjoyed her contributions to Star Trek very much. RIP.

Archie Leech

2000ad's very own Kevin Cullen. Artist on Judge Hershey, Creep and Calhab Justice.

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, no.  I liked his dark and textured art a lot, and it was the perfect fit for Creep.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

Caroll Spinney, Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird Muppeteer for Nearly 50 Years, Dies at 85

paddykafka

Saddened to hear of Kevin Cullen's passing. Condolences to his family and friends. As regards the loss of some of Tooth's greatest creators, it really has been a scunner of a year.

Also sorry to hear of the passing of one of Sesame Street's greatest. Another childhood memory is lost. :'(

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

So saddened that the prolific Auberjonois, aka Odo of Deep Space Nine among many other things, has left us at the not-unimpressive age of 79.  Just watched him in an episode of Night Gallery, too, playing a jerk as usual, which he always did very well - though I remember being so surprised when he turned up in Uncharted 2 as an immortal Nazi-turned Buddhist priest guarding the ruins of Shamballa, which in retrospect must have been the easiest casting decision in history, because if you wanted an actor who could pack a lot of backstory into even a straightforward vocal performance, Rene was your man.
As can easily be discerned from his social media activity, he was still very active on the convention circuit, thanks to his Trek work and long career in animation guaranteeing him a constant string of younger fans to whom he always seemed to be very kind.

TordelBack

An instantly recogisable actor who seemed to be on telly my entire life, but made such an impact on me in DS9. Far from being another Spock wannabe, his wonderfully nuanced performance as Odo somehow sold all the complexities that the character was at the heart of: law and order during occupation, small town Sheriff when the Federales arrive, lost child of a malevolent empire, lover, peacekeeper, scion. Rene always comes across in interviews and memoirs as a down-to-earth gent. RIP.

The Legendary Shark

That is sad. I loved him in Boston Legal too - nobody could do restrained rage and incredulity wrapped around love and respect like he did. And that voice!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Gutted.  For me his performance in MASH will always be the standout of a long and distinguished career.