Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exilewood

TordelBack

Quote from: Garageman on 13 September, 2010, 11:29:26 PM
Let's just stop paying taxes, hit 'em where it hurts.

I already have.  Although admittedly not by choice.

JOE SOAP

exilewood

I'm a musician by profession - it's just the way it is.

Peter Wolf

It looks like a flyer for a club night which it partly is anyway but the only thing missing is any drinks promotions and special offers and that kind of thing.

It looks like some kind of spoof and its not a good advertisment for the book that expects to be taken seriously.Its not a very intelligent way to present ones case.I dont know a thing about the politician in question so i cannot comment on that but i prefer politicians to not be publically promoting their religious causes as there is supposed to be a seperation of Church and State but that may not be the case in Ireland.

Also while i am not a Creationist and not particularly religious i have certain specific prejudices against Darwin and certain/specific political/philosophical doctrines or thinking that support Darwinsm but thats not for discussion today.

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 13 September, 2010, 10:34:06 PM
You guys have no idea. In terms of corruption, and sheer incompotence our government makes yours look like geniuses.

You dont know the half of it.

I have an idea alright but unfortunately  the situation is no different here than it is in Ireland and its certainly no better.We just had an election and just like i said nothing has changed and nothing is going to get better but it seems that the electorate cant even learn by Pavlovian conditioning as they just do the same thing over and over again as if they actually enjoy it and enjoy being scammed and lied to and they treat it like its a stupid game which actually isnt very far from the truth.

Its actually laughable that boarders here were encouraging me to vote Lib Dem as if i am some kind of idiot but as usual i sit here typing and explaining the truth and no one listens and no doubt in 4 years time i will be saying the same thing most probably under worse political circumstances while the whole cycle continues......

As for not paying taxes there are lots of ways round that which are legal especially if you are self employed.

Taxation without representation is Tyranny.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 13 September, 2010, 11:49:29 PM
Taxation without representation is Tyranny.

Nah, a babe with a tail, that's Tyranny.

Roger Godpleton

Fetch me my supper, you. And tell your mom to stop dressing so dowdylike.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 September, 2010, 12:02:45 AM
Fetch me my supper, you. And tell your mom to stop dressing so dowdylike.

Such words from "the subjects" across the water?

Dreddzilla

So do we discuss the politics of the U.S. & A. too? or is it just Euro politics?

Roger Godpleton

Of course you may.
PLEASE NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 September, 2010, 12:17:13 AM
Of course you may.
PLEASE NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO.

YAY!!! :D
I was hoping that would be the case.
I've found that if you limit yourself to just talking politics in you're area/ region/ State or Country, you lack real insight to the affairs of the world.
Like it or not, (and many in my country sadly don't want to) but one bullet shot on the other side of the world effects all of us.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 14 September, 2010, 12:15:30 AM
So do we discuss the politics of the U.S. & A. too? or is it just Euro politics?

Only if you feel like burning the Quorn Qur'an.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Garageman on 14 September, 2010, 12:22:39 AM
Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 14 September, 2010, 12:15:30 AM

Only if you feel like burning the Quorn Qur'an.

Well they burn Bibles & the American Flag in Islamic countries so all's fair in love & war in my mind. :lol:

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

Interested in this new Irish blasphemy law, but nowhere near a working computer to Google it. Anyone care to sum it up?
SBT