Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

They keep saying they don't have stock, which is nuts when the stores do.

sintec

Well from the facebook it sounds like the next book is going to be late hitting the shops too.

I don't doubt it'll still hit the shops before I see my subscription copy but that's been the case for months now.

DrRocka

I've picked up Caballistics Inc from my local comic shop (who orders it for me) today. Number 64, I think. Haven't looked at it yet. Not sure if I'm ahead or behind or whatever but it generally seems to have been on schedule every fortnight.
Never ever bloody anything ever

moogie101

Quote from: DrRocka on 29 January, 2020, 12:17:10 AM
I've picked up Caballistics Inc from my local comic shop (who orders it for me) today. Number 64, I think. Haven't looked at it yet. Not sure if I'm ahead or behind or whatever but it generally seems to have been on schedule every fortnight.

According to the wiki its got a release date of today so you're spot on.

Certainly better than me as a subscriber, my last books were in December, 59/60 (release date 4/12/19)

sintec

You are a lucky man sir - if I lived near a decent comics shop I would probably do the same at this point it seems like the best way to get a trouble free service from Hachette.

dossa1uk

For what it's worth -

Phoned Hachette this morning on the 2000AD number and got through very quickly. Asked for some answers to a few questions and queries I've got, and seen from others.

- Their warehouse is moving, with "Hachette telling us they hope to have completed the move by the end of February"
- There will likely be some delay for subscribers receiving their deliveries, in particular the January dispatch.
- Back issue ordering is unavailable until the warehouse move is complete.
- They are experiencing a lot of complaints and contacts at present. Customer service is outsourced and Hachette have recently changed their CS provider. She had a weary chuckle when I asked about volume of work.
- I stressed that she pass on my suggestion that Hachette communicate any and all issues to subscribers especially given the pressure on customer service. I (vainly, I think) offered to speak to a Hachette representative directly.
- She suggested phone is the best of all methods to contact them.

Hope that helps. So frustrating - the product is excellent, in my opinion, but aftercare is abysmal and so easily mitigated. Baffling any business doesn't see aftercare as an essential.   

IndigoPrime

I just got a reply on Facebook about this, stating that the delays should be done end of Feb, scheduling should return to normal in March, and that overdue issues will be sent "as soon as possible". The last of those is frustratingly non-committal, but I've just asked about what the second point actually means.

Since I resubscribed, this is the third major delay, and so I've asked whether returning to the original schedule is back to four-weekly deliveries, or if it means they'll honour the previous schedule. (By my reckoning, 65/66 should have arrived on Friday, on the basis of my original subscription point. It's irritating being five weeks behind. If that turns into something like three months, that's just ludicrous.)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 January, 2020, 03:13:04 PM
I just got a reply on Facebook about this, stating that the delays should be done end of Feb, scheduling should return to normal in March, and that overdue issues will be sent "as soon as possible". The last of those is frustratingly non-committal, but I've just asked about what the second point actually means.

Since I resubscribed, this is the third major delay, and so I've asked whether returning to the original schedule is back to four-weekly deliveries, or if it means they'll honour the previous schedule. (By my reckoning, 65/66 should have arrived on Friday, on the basis of my original subscription point. It's irritating being five weeks behind. If that turns into something like three months, that's just ludicrous.)

Guess it depends whether they're continuing to collect payments. If that's the case they will have to honour, yes?

IndigoPrime

They have to honour supply. I doubt they have to honour within a specific timeframe (although it should be a reasonable one). As it is, I had a payment taken over three weeks ago for the issues caught in the delay (and some kind of letter, which had better not be for a covers volume I don't want).

sintec

The letter is almost certainly for the covers vol.  I think they said to someone else on FB you can contact them there to opt out of the next covers volume so I'd do that if you want to avoid it.

What's in the Caballistics volume?

AlanProut

I've just finished reading Caballistics Inc volume one and have to say that I'm very impressed with this one, it's a series I haven't read before but am looking forward to the next Volume.

It includes the following, Going Underground, Moving In, Breaking Out, Downtime, Krystalnacht, Picking Up The Pieces, Creepshow, Weird War Tales and Safe House.

moly

They replied to me about the opt out letter, apparently you can message them and they will opt up you out but take that with a pinch of salt if people's past experience is to go by

The Monarch

thats almost the entire run how much absalom are we getting in book 2?

IndigoPrime

61/62 arrived today in – and I'm not kidding – an open plastic bag. Great.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 January, 2020, 09:31:19 AM
61/62 arrived today in – and I'm not kidding – an open plastic bag. Great.

Perfect weather for it if they leave it on my doorstep!