Main Menu

MARCH ART COMP - RISE OF THE ROBOTS

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 March, 2013, 11:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From February's winner Allistermac -

QuoteRobots have had a long and illustrious life within the pages of the galaxy's greatest comic from the A.B.C. Warriors to Walter the Robot via Ro-Busters, Call-me-Kenneth and P14. This month lets celebrate the circuit board and render some robots. Draw your favourite robot character, draw your favourite character as they would look if they were a robot or create your own A.B.C. Warrior and have fun doing it.

Rules be thar:

- You can have as many entries as you want but bear in mind it'll split your vote so IT MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.
- No entries from anything you've done previously - they have to been drawn SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS
- There WILL BE PRIZES. ACTUAL PRIZES. For the first prize winner and for "Tharg's choice" so there's all to play for - !

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 24th OF MARCH WHEN WE SHALL RIDE THE VOTING ELEPHANT

Jim_Campbell

How's that for a slice of solid fried gold? I may have to blow a couple of deadlines to get an entry in this month!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Nice.  Wasn't there a robot one before? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  This competition makes up for the sad loss of readers' drawings on the Input page. 
Is Tharg's choice really chosen by Tharg? 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 March, 2013, 05:49:54 PM
Nice.  Wasn't there a robot one before?

The very first art comp I held after picking up the baton from Amstor was 'Big Robots' back in January 2008 which was a little less well-defined than this splendid theme! Much kudos to CFM for keeping this fine board tradition going.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

Note to mods: Could ye not sticky this please? I find it's beneficial to have it bobbing around down in the active topics - !

WhitBloke

Making his first public appearance since the forced demolition of Meka-City, the Bling King of the Squared Ring addresses the rising tide of 'Ding-a-Ling Dem' sympathies in the citizenry...

So, what does the King of Droids make of the Art Comp's voting system and, specifically, WhitBloke's chances of getting this month's HM slot after all the other entrants get less flippant entries in..?

So this is der place then, Johnny?

SIP

Thought I would throw in the first of potentially many ABC Warriors. First thing I have drawn on paper with an actual pen in a long time......forgot how stressful it was not having an "undo" button!

Cheers
Simon.

Steven Austin

Ooooh Simon, that is beautiful work, love it man!!

SIP

Thanks Steven!
looking at it again, I might repost it tomorrow with a slight amendment........there is something I'm not entirely happy with.

chris_askham

Whitbloke - I actually considered doing Precious myself, but then settled for something else. Nice work!

Simon - That there is some gorgeous line work. Classic Hammerstein.

Neil McClements

BMB

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, seldom time poster. I have deadlines and family but pah! Can't pass up the chance to draw an ABC Warrior! I've done this while the little one sleeps, hope you enjoy. And now I really have to get back to work...  :)

SIP

Apologies for the double post.....just wanted to amend something on the drawing that was bugging me.....this is the completed image. cheers.  Simon.

JayzusB.Christ

Nice!  Two classic Hammersteins there
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

chris_askham

Here's another Hammerstein to add to the mix -