Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levers

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 July, 2020, 12:14:39 PM
Got my dispatch notice from Forbidden Planet for the 8th Dante volume - 1 to go - very excited! Then Red Seas!

Got mine too, although only after ordering another one direct from Hachette. Now attempting to cancel the Hachette order... Oh well!

Trooper McFad

Got my email as well 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Really looking forward to this just hope the postal service doesn't feckup
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sintec

It's sooooo good.  Can't wait to get the last one and then commence a full re-read from start to finish.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: levers on 10 July, 2020, 12:22:36 PMGot mine too, although only after ordering another one direct from Hachette. Now attempting to cancel the Hachette order... Oh well!
If you can't, sell it on eBay. This series has a low print run now, and so chances are someone will want it. (Just be mindful to factor in your additional costs on selling.)

davidbishop

Snap on Dante 8 despatch notice from FP.

karlos

My copy of Nikolai 8 just arrived from FP.

Colin Zeal

I haven't been keeping track of the issues,  so how many of the initial 80 are left?

IndigoPrime

Max Headroom

Received my Nikolai Dante today and just one more and I can read the whole series for the very first time - something I'm really looking forward to. Just wonder whether the story 'Devil May Care' from the 40th Anniversary Prog of 2017 will be included in the last volume?

broodblik

Does not matter if the last story is included Max you are in for a treat.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 11 July, 2020, 07:48:57 PM
Does not matter if the last story is included Max you are in for a treat.

Yeah not sure, I'd image they'll pop it in but if not its far from essential, a nice DVD extra.

As Broodbilk says you are in for a real treat. I'm jealous of folks who can delve into this wonderful story and read it as the complete epic from start to finish for the first time. Enjoy.

Jade Falcon

I'll be eager for the later Savage volumes that go beyond the trades already printed.  I recently reread Taking Liberties and The Guv'nor and I know the extension has a volume planned beyond that.  What struck me was just how dark the Savage books were compared to Invasion which was very much a product of its time, national stereotypes and all.  It's the same with many of the older stories that got updates.  VC's back in action was very different from the originals, Rogue Trooper:Realpolitik was grimmer than the originals and although not an update but in the same universe, Jaegir and 86er's were the same.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 11 July, 2020, 10:31:06 PM
I'll be eager for the later Savage volumes that go beyond the trades already printed.  I recently reread Taking Liberties and The Guv'nor and I know the extension has a volume planned beyond that.

There are only another two volumes, not three - but potentially (because some Hachette volumes contain four 'books' rather than three, or Rebellion's average of two) they could still collect all remaining Savage material...
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 July, 2020, 07:39:51 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 11 July, 2020, 10:31:06 PM
I'll be eager for the later Savage volumes that go beyond the trades already printed.  I recently reread Taking Liberties and The Guv'nor and I know the extension has a volume planned beyond that.

There are only another two volumes, not three - but potentially (because some Hachette volumes contain four 'books' rather than three, or Rebellion's average of two) they could still collect all remaining Savage material...

Well the original print run of 80 books has Invasion and we will be getting one called Savage.  There was the extension list published some time back that had these two

85 - Savage:  The Guv'nor
95 - Savage:  Rise Like Lions

So it looks like there will be more than was printed in the original softcover trades.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov