Main Menu

Warlord Dredd Game!

Started by Leigh S, 02 October, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 October, 2019, 01:07:04 PM
Judge with respirator down. You utter bastards.
Oh yeah! Good spot.

JUDGE BURNS

I'm new to these mini figures from warlord so my question is this,  do the mini figures come already painted or or you paint them yourself?

TordelBack

Very much the latter, I'm afraid - there's glue involved too.  Although there are a lot of folk out there who'll paint'em first cash.

I, Cosh

Then told me this was up for pre-ordering today but I can't find any evidence anywhere. Maybe I can keep my money instead.
We never really die.

TordelBack

After 4pm, I believe. Although Warlord's communication is atrocious.

TordelBack

Starter is up for pre-order on Warlord's site now. Looks a bit underwhelming compared to the SD starter - but I very luch like that they include rules for using Johnny & Wolf straight away. And the deluxe version of the rulebook is gorgeous!

Leigh S

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/judge-dredd/products/judge-dredd-mega-one

That's the all in option! Ooof, yet, ooooh...  I just want the citizens I see milling about in one of the photos - having innocent saps to use as cover would make playing as  gangs more fun and as Judges harder.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Leigh S on 18 October, 2019, 05:09:50 PM
https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/judge-dredd/products/judge-dredd-mega-one

That's the all in option! Ooof, yet, ooooh...  I just want the citizens I see milling about in one of the photos - having innocent saps to use as cover would make playing as  gangs more fun and as Judges harder.

I'll see your oof and raise you an oof!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Leigh S

Yeah, it is a bit unfortunate that this is the only way to pre order all the models - it includes £50 worth of book I could live without (though does look lovely) and an extra set of the core box Gang I really have no interest in ordering, so another £20?  Reduce the price accordingly and it would come out at a more reasonable £170-180?

I saw that Warlord respnded to a request for a version without the deluxe book bytelling the person to email them - may do the same and ask for onely on set of the gang!

Quote from: I, Cosh on 19 October, 2019, 07:20:45 AM
That's a hefty investment.

TordelBack

My thoughts are pre-order Starter from Warlord, then a Dredd/Lawmaster and Villains Pack from elsewhere, seems to get you a decent game for £100, and around 20 figures to paint. Judges and Fatties after that, I suppose.

It's a pity that the starter figures are so generic. If they'd gone with Dredd, and maybe some more memorable gang-level opponents (Gestapo Bob, Fonzo Bongo or even a cheeky not-Ma-Ma) I'do have the thing ordered already. I can see the reasoning, but still.

Leigh S

I quite like them generic as I can use them for Stront - what I really need are some Citizens, which I could also use as bystanders in Stront to mix things up.  Looks like I am going to have to get those GW uglies repainted soon!

Trooper McFad

It seems a very strange pre order launch to offer the rule books (both versions) separately but every other deal has the starter pack which has a rule book. As yet you can't get the individual sets from Warlord. So why would you buy the separate rule book ?
Probably still buy a pack from Warlord as I want the exclusive Dredd/Death figure and their customer service was good when there was an issue with my last order.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

I suppose if you have a ton of Mongoose/GW Dredd you might just want the rules and tokens, which are also separate (the Stront ones are the same, but different colour - glad to get two more colours to allow more than two player!)

Might fire off an email to them - too early in the month (and too little overtime this month!) to put in an order anyhows, sadly, and if they could offer a sub £200 deal that just gets me all the minis but no duplicates and the standard rule book ....

Leigh S

that said, I could also paint up and ebay the duplicate gang with the standard rule book?  hmmm