Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2016 5-6/11/16

Started by Bhuna, 29 February, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Well had a fantastic time at Thought Bubble.

Highlights being the Friday night Palace chinwag, the SD fan film premiere - you're in for a treat -  SD pin badges!!! the Annual  FutureQuake Staff Xmas Party and just catching up with so many good folks - Laff and all the Bolts deserving particularly mention.

Loads of great comic purchases, it's a true comic con, and some "rush of blood to the head" buys at the Planet Replicas table that'll strain my monthly budget but have me grinning.

Cheers to all.

I not only survived this year, I thrived.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Steve Green

Good to see you Dunk, especially after last year.

Proudhuff

aw thanks for the kind words,  more than one boarder took the time out to say on the QT their condolences and also welcome me back in the saddle, I'm touched guys.

Meantime here's my haul except a Ian Kennedy commission (swoon) and a Matt Brooker page that will get pride of place on the newly rebuild Huff Mansions.

Great Con and the Mighty Mr W says, its all about the comics.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Apparently you can see this getting drawn, somewhere on Tinternet   :-\

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

oh and missed out the SD badge and evidence bag... totally Zarjaz!
But now missing the beer token  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Eamonn Clarke

Loved the SD credits beer token and the collectors' dilemma it induced.
Do we keep the token, or do we get a free beer?
:lol:

I had the beer and very nice it was too.

Fungus

Smashing weekend, what the others said. Great comics, great forum folks. And Dale seemed a nice bloke.....

Plenty panels, wonderful SD screening, to the point where the comics-buying was quick and a wee bit cursory. JW couldn't provide Rok #4 as he'd sold out. Which in a roundabout way is good news for a comic that deserves to sell loads.
Present company excepted I don't try to do social media. Mr Brooker is an exception so looked forward to nabbing one of his chucklesome and funky Inktober sketches he's been posting online through the month. And...

My comics haul roughly matches Mr Huff's in size but is much better. I can't arrange it quite as daintily so won't even consider posting it  :)

Dunk!

++Additional++

Oh! and I recorded an edition of Eamonn's podcast, whilst hungover on the Sunday morn, and it was an absolute pleasure.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dunk! on 07 November, 2016, 12:18:06 PM
++Additional++

Oh! and I recorded an edition of Eamonn's podcast, whilst hungover on the Sunday morn, and it was an absolute pleasure.

Dunk!

I almost blundered into that! just about thump the window when I saw the techie stuff  :-[

Fungus, I'll give you daintily, I'll have you know that is standard Con fan fanshaped fannying!

I'm saying nothing about Dale as he memorized everything on my phone in the time it took me to dial  :o

DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 07 November, 2016, 11:57:49 AM
Loved the SD credits beer token and the collectors' dilemma it induced.
Do we keep the token, or do we get a free beer?
:lol:

I had the beer and very nice it was too.

Yeah that was Steve S's idea...

SpongeJosh

Best convention I've attended this year. This was the first Thought Bubble I've been to and will definitely be going again.

Haven't spent so much money at a con up till now. Search & Destroy was brilliant, one of the highlights for me but I was glad to put some names to faces from this here board.

:thumbsup:

LARF

Well what do you know, I've made my first post on the board for a while thanks to Thought Bubble, probably my best con in a very, very long while - such lovely folks, and what a fantastic community we have - we should all be proud!

The highlight has to be the Stront private screening on Saturday night, to be sat in there watching it with John Wagner in the audience was quite a moment. Huge thanks to Steve Green, Dan and the crew for that!

Great to meet Proudhuff and the Neils for the first time as well as catch-up with old friends, esp. Dunc and the Bolts who I spent a great Saturday night with chewing the fat. John and Pete are always good for a laugh, the Morecambe and Wise of 2000AD fandom, and it was lovely to meet them again as well.

Highlights were meeting John Wagner for the first time (You have to read ROK of the Reds it's brilliant! It's like Skizz but in a whole new league), Paul Cornell (who by the way has written a fantastic series of books: London Falling, highly recommended), Philip Bond (who I really fan gushed to which removed any street cred that I had) and a huge mention must be to the lovely Matt Brooker who drew me a strotnig Nemesis!

Anyone else who I forgot to mention apologies, too many great folk out there, but I love you all!

LARF

oh, and I forgot other highlights - Bolt's walk on part in the Stront movie... quite literally

Connor Boyle getting the Hook Jaw gig, so well deserved and an incredible achievement, cannot wait to see this!!!

Discussing the possibilities of Barnyard Assemble with Lady Festina

Giggling like a school boy with Paul Cornell at the floor titles in the elevator at the Armouries...

The well deserved winners of the pitch fests...

etc. etc. etc.

Spikes

Quote from: LARF on 07 November, 2016, 01:37:15 PMYou have to read ROK of the Reds it's brilliant! It's like Skizz but in a whole new league...

Now, I very much like the sound of that. As John was good enough to sign a mountain of stuff I brought (two trips to his table to get it all done..), It only seemed right I should buy something. So got the first 3 issues. The fourth was out, but had sold out just as I got there. But looking forward to checking these out.

Quote from: Old Tankie on 04 November, 2016, 03:08:44 PM
Just had a WhatsApp from the lad and daughter-in-law, he's in the pub, next to the hotel, already!  He's really looking forward to the weekend.  For the first time he's taking a table.  He's going to be in the Comixology Marquee (Table 23, I think, just down the road from the 2000AD stand). I know he'd like to see any of you guys and he'll happily do some sketches.  So, if you're in the area, pop over and say Hello.

Unless I'm mistaken - which is often the case, I've only just twigged on who your lad is. Gonna make you blush now...

Only took 2 photos at Thought Bubble (Note to self; Take more photos!), one was of the legendary Ian Kennedy, and the other was this one..

Pleased as punch to finally meet up with JDH. I'd missed him previous occasions, but was determined to make amends this time. Brought a bunch of Age of the Wolf  covered Progs for him to sign (I'd met writer Alec Worley previously), and was more than happy to accept a free sketch from him. And also to snag some of the lovely prints he was selling.

In regards to the sketch, I had to go for Rowan!

Had a great chat with him about his work, and had a great chat with the many folks around his table, whilst we all waited on a sketch. 

PlanetReplicas

That sketch is just wonderful...
One of the things about showing at a convention is there is very little time to really wander off as a punter and get in the que for things !
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas