Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2016 5-6/11/16

Started by Bhuna, 29 February, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 November, 2016, 10:59:01 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 06 November, 2016, 10:52:34 PM
Huh, thats a tad odd, meeting Dale for the first time he'a clearly an amicable guy and (despite some creative disagreements) liked him very much but this seem's strange. How can someone be banned from a convention?

I understand that he was already banned due to previous behaviour, and was removed from the premises this time because of that. From personal experience, I can say that having a disagreement with Dale can land you on the receiving end of behaviour that is anything but amicable.

Banned for life from a convention? It all sounds a bit like Evan Dorkin's Eltingville comics.

Steven Sterlacchini

I had a great time catching up with people. Thanks to everyone who came to the screenings, especially John Wagner. And thanks to Mike and Rebellion for giving permission for the public screenings.

Glad to hear the little 'evidence bags' went down well. I was considering putting the stickers across the zip seal so that they had to be ripped to open them, but thought that might be too cruel to John Burdis, thought I'm sure Rob Stewart would have appreciated it.

A great time all round, even with the voice in the back of my head saying "will the film file work" only finally silenced at 11.45 on the Sunday.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I met Dale on the Saturday night, he was perfectly amicable. I'm sorry to hear he got asked to leave.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 07 November, 2016, 07:06:07 PM
I met Dale on the Saturday night, he was perfectly amicable. I'm sorry to hear he got asked to leave.

So threatening people with violence is acceptable behaviour, as long as he doesn't do it you?

Okayyy...

(Note also that he's banned from this forum, something you have to work pretty fucking hard to manage, for repeated warnings about aggressive behaviour towards other posters.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 November, 2016, 07:08:01 PM

So threatening people with violence is acceptable behaviour, as long as he doesn't do it you?

Okayyy...

(Note also that he's banned from this forum, something you have to work pretty fucking hard to manage, for repeated warnings about aggressive behaviour towards other posters.)

No, it's not. I have no knowledge of those previous incidents, he may well have fully deserved his ejection, but in any case I think it's a shame it came to that.

Colin YNWA

Well while its a great sketch from Jon Davis Hunt of more significence is how cool is his signature!

A more mature less bitter man would be delighted to hear what a wonderful time seems to be had by one and all and I'd revel in  the clearly magnicient fun you've all had.

Alas I'm a small minded bitter man who missed this for the second year on the bounce so I'll settle for twisted resentment at all the glorious stuff fun and frolics you've clearly had.

Spikes

You'll be attending the 40th bash, Colin?

That'll more than make up for missing TB.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Spikes on 07 November, 2016, 09:54:10 PM
You'll be attending the 40th bash, Colin?

That'll more than make up for missing TB.

I am (hence missing TB) can't wait...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 November, 2016, 10:48:12 AM
Oh, did I mention the Wagner panel? Involving possibly the funniest misinterpretation of a script by and artist i've ever heard. Early 2000AD was as much an editorial omnishambles as a joy, apparently. :lol:

Was it the John Cooper 'Dredd posted a heavy guard on the door'?
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo

Nope - try again  ::)

Dunk!

One down side of TB, I've definitely got some form of mild con-fluenza coming on.

Dunk! *sniff*
"Trust we"

Steve Green

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 November, 2016, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 November, 2016, 10:48:12 AM
Oh, did I mention the Wagner panel? Involving possibly the funniest misinterpretation of a script by and artist i've ever heard. Early 2000AD was as much an editorial omnishambles as a joy, apparently. :lol:

I think I've heard the story before, but it was a MACH 1 story, and would have involved a bit of art bodging.

LARF

It was the story of a Spanish artist (not Carlos) who misinterpreted the instruction, "he waves his prosthetic arm high in the air." or something suchlike...

Bhuna

What a convention!! I think I've just about recovered.

It was great to meet up with old forum friends and new on the Friday and Saturday night in the Palace.

Me and Neil McClements never really stopped, it was so, so busy. Saturday lunchtime was just manic!

Killing Moon issue 1 and 2 sold well as did my prints.

Highlights:
Seeing the smile of the faces of the guys who picked up their commissions.
The SD film (just fantastic)
Meeting John Wagner.
Finally meeting Chris Denton (writer of Killing Moon)
Meeting SKD, bloody hell what a humble guy.

Roll on Thought Bubble 2017!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's a little write up of what I got up to over the weekend. There are a few pictures, so you don't have to read all the words  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought Bubble 2016