Main Menu

Deadwood - the sweariest TV series ever.

Started by Dounreay, 09 October, 2004, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dounreay

Anybody watching Deadwood on Sky at the moment? Has any other TV series come even close to this for sweary words?

Still a fine piece of Western story telling, a rare thing these days.

Proudhuff

As a steam driven TV watcher I will have to wait until C4 get their finger out and show it, no doubt  they will shove it on a various time slots then stop for a couple o weeks to show Celeb Ear Waxing Live!!

Huffy Huff
DDT did a job on me

Martin Jameson

One of the better series on tv at the moment, although I haven't seen this weeks yet.

pauljholden

It's great. Although I feel all dirty from the number of times they use the c**t word. It's a lot.

Slippery PD

Its pretty ambigious all round.  Lots of shades of grey and the greys are on the dark side.  Lots of swear words.  Me and Missus are pretty much addicted.  Ian McShane is one evil fecker in it and plays that very well indeed.

Slips

Scottiepunk

I'm quite enjoying this as well. It is quite in-your-face though, isn't it. Loads of swearing, even full frontal nudity of the male and female kind! As anyone who knows me will tell you, I am easily offended, so when Calimity Jane came out with fu*king *unts, I was quite offended!!!

Did they really use these swearwords in the Wild West? That's a genuine question! Did they swear like that or have the writers just added in modern swear words for effect? I would imagine there would have been swearing but would the words have been the same as we use today?

Bolt-01

Absolutely loving it. The characters are just nasty enough and 'Montana' (Can't remember the guys name just what Wild Bill calls him reminds me of Johnny Alpha soooo much.

Not seen this weeks yet though.

Bolt-01