Main Menu

Day of Chaos 2: a.Covid-19 thread.

Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

That's great news, TB. Put your feet up, if only for a little while, and enjoy your libation of choice.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Hawkmumbler

Well done Tordels, good to see some decency left in the world. Mortified to see two of my former employers among the scum jumping through hoops to keep their stores open. Makes me weep.

paddykafka

Glad to hear that, Tordelback. Personally, during these times, I've found that a glass of whiskey, taken in the late evening, has quite a calming effect upon me.

I foresee a separate thread now arising, along the lines of: "This Week, I have mostly been drinking..."

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: paddykafka on 25 March, 2020, 06:46:41 PM
I foresee a separate thread now arising, along the lines of: "This Week, I have mostly been drinking..."

I'll start, Jose Cuervo Especial Reposado.

Neat.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 March, 2020, 06:49:36 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 25 March, 2020, 06:46:41 PM

I'll start, Jose Cuervo Especial Reposado.

Neat.

Raspberry mead I made for my sister's (now cancelled) wedding.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

shaolin_monkey

I had several Peroni and a whole bottle of Pinot Grigio last night - won't be repeating that any time soon.  :sick:

I think I'll stick to the occasional whisky from this point on, as I'm already piling on pounds from the lack of exercise as it is. I'm just not sure four bottles is enough though. And one of those is a really cheap nasty one someone gave me for Xmas.  Desperate times folks!

paddykafka

If you're adhering strictly to Handwashing Etiquette, this is most likely your current Physical state:

https://www.facebook.com/9gag/posts/10160300224386840

and this, your current Mental state:

https://www.facebook.com/LivingDublinAltogether/videos/314512866193677/

Bolt-01

Tords - glad to hear your news and very glad to hear of the 'paying it forward' as well.

Third Estate Ned

I never post on here any more, I merely lurk, but wanted to pop in to say that handwashing video gave me a much, much, much needed laugh, so thanks. Maybe I laughed harder than was strictly necessary but a laugh nevertheless.

I've been under lockdown in Italy for nearly a month now, 5 of us in a small flat - got to keep the little ones distracted or it all unravels. There was a lot of contradictory official information at first regarding going outside. We were allowed out for short, solitary walks in the vicinty of our homes for exercise but this permission was abused and misinterpreted. When the first cases emerged in the village we were ordered to stay indoors unless for necessities, with heavy fines for ignoring this. When I do my weekly shop I have to carry with me a declaration saying that's what I'm doing.

I'm working online and actually grateful for the distraction. My wife is the core of morale keeping us all together. I marvel at her infinite imagination and resourcefulness. The police patrol every day with the loudspeaker ordering us to stay at home so we have to pretend to our 3-year-old it's publicity for the circus (that's how they usually publicise it). Like others here, I've reduced news intake because it was sending me into deep and constant anxiety. My wife gave me the greatest advice, which was the best thing you can do right now is make the situation as good as you can for the kids and that isn't possible in the state you're in. At first it seemed irresponsible to bury my head in the sand re the situation but she's right about keeping the kids happy. Weird how you get into a routine as if all that is going on was the norm.

Luckily, the bog roll issue won't hit us so hard as every home has a bidet.

I hope everyone here is able to find their way out of the mental fog that this isolation brings.

Mardroid

Just found out our work laptops are ready for pick-up tomorrow so we can work from home! We can take a monitor and a mouse too.

Security is to be informed in case we appear to be looting.  :lol:

von Boom

Quote from: Mardroid on 26 March, 2020, 05:57:39 PM
Just found out our work laptops are ready for pick-up tomorrow so we can work from home! We can take a monitor and a mouse too.

Surely there can be no confusion.  :)

sheridan

Lucky you - we had to provide our own mouses / mice!

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 26 March, 2020, 06:43:21 PM

Lucky you - we had to provide our own mouses / mice!

(and forget about a monitor - stuck on titchy screen).