Main Menu

ABC Warriors - Khronicles Of Khaos

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 March, 2009, 10:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well still churning through the 700s and have just read ABC Warriors - Khronicles Of Khaos and was really disapointed by it. I found it pretty infuriating. I love Pat Mill's work but the smug preaching of 'choas' or 'khoas' is for me him at his worst.

The 'Principals of Khoas' seems like a childish attempt to have an opposite character, an uninteresting and humourless 'Oscar the Grouch'. Sure it takes a stab at humour but it wears thin pretty quickly. It would seem that choas is simply doing the exact opposite of what the laws of order would seem to demand. Well unless it's convenient to the plot for this not to be the case. This of course has it own innate order to it. Sure it's reversed but simply reversing the status quo's order does not give you chaos, rather an impractical and childish order.

On top of that Kevin Walkers colour work while nice and shiny isn't too inspiring. I don't know but maybe Tony Skinners having a bad influence on Pat and Pat's mum should stop him hanging around with such a bad crowd?

Likewise Robo-Hunter Return to Verdus (Bisley Land as well but Verdus is by far the worst) was pretty apalling. Well in fact its much worse than ABC Warriors - Khronicles Of Khaos, but while that was was abit of a surprise, this one I saw cming! It lacked all the charm and delight of the original Robo-Hunter series and I can't wait until I get up to the Peter Hogan Rian Hughes stories which as I recall got some of the old magic back.

Not wishing to be entirely negative amongst all this I have also read Button Man Book 1 again, in one sitting and have to say it is still absolutely brillant.

uncle fester

I bought the combined Khronicles of Khaos & Hellbringer a few moons ago, (on a search for new artists, prmiarily)

Have to say I thought it was just guff. It's easy to pick out on the shelf here as it's the only one that doesn't look like it's been read. I'm not even sure why I thought it was worth shelling out for in the first place.

The Black Hole blew my mind as I'd never seen either writer or artists' works before. How an editor can think that these are obviously from the same cloth (and therefore approve the commision), is beyond me.

Bouwel

QuoteI have also read Button Man Book 1 again

I will say it again; everytime I read Button man I have the thought '1970's Lew Grade T.V. show' going through my head. For some reason it just never did it for me.
Oh, and I agree re. Khronicles of Khaos.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Grant Goggans

Quote from: "ctaylor"I don't know but maybe Tony Skinners having a bad influence on Pat and Pat's mum should stop him hanging around with such a bad crowd?

"No more lip, and no more chaos either!"
"Awww, mummmm!"

tricky vile

Khronicles of Khaos does go overboard into babbling sillyness but at least has a series of inventive deaths to keep it going. I have the combined version as well and the end of Hellbringer redeems it all - when Joe Pineapples takes a sniper shot from orbit on two targets with one bullet. A favourite moment for me.