Main Menu

Meet the Inquisitor, this prog!

Started by aceface11, 13 March, 2012, 07:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aceface11

Hello all :)

And with that tagline so began my adventure into the world of Dredd and Tharg's finest.
What was that, prog 920 or something? It was definately around the Wilderlands era... I remember my dad also picked me up an issue of the Meg, there was a Heavy Metal Dredd on the cover. Man!

I walked off into the wilderness myself for a few years, I remember staring longingly at the Christmas prog in WH Smiths but I never did manage to snap it up. Last week I bought prog 1761 (in a London comic shop) and instantly fell in love again. Day of Chaos looks awesome, such a shame I missed Low Life, and a welcome return to Download. Ahhhh SinDex, I sure missed those guys.

The phrase "Finnigan's minigun" has always stuck in my brain. It makes me giggle.

Unfortunately the only other progs they had in stock was 1773 and 1774 - is it worth picking up the back issues to catch up on Day of Chaos?

I can't remember the exact reason I left (maybe budget was an issue) but I'm curious whether the prog is ever taken over anymore by a single story? The last one I recall was 1138 (there was a wedding or something).

Boy, I bet I've missed a ton of stuff!!!
Matt

betel_uk

Hey, hey, hey... welcome back to the fold...

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard - as for whether its worth getting the back issues, probably not the best place to get an impartial response, but HELL YEAH.

Have fun.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

aceface11

Cheers guys, feels good to be back!

Upon hearing the news that I was collecting again, the reaction from my dear mother went something like "ohhhh no".

Minkyboy

What did you do with the previous 10 acefaces?

Hello.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Onlyverysmall

Welcome, just remember that everyone here knows I am the best and everything I do is fantastic and even my poos are nice and shiny and even The A Team say "oh no!" and I am all smart and that, and I am the King and my table is all nice and neat and I'm not insane and everyoneisjealousandmywayistherightwaywhydontthesepeopleunderstandIwillruletheworld

WhitBloke

Quote from: Minkyboy on 14 March, 2012, 12:02:38 PM
:o
Oh, Grud, please don't tell us they're polishing Onlyverysmall's poo in a dungeon somewhere!

On a much lighter and more sanitary note, great to see you're reading 2000AD again, Aceface.  See you around.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

judgefloyd

greetings latest Aceface!

I'm ashamed to say I don't know Day of Chaos, but, yes, back issues are always worth getting.  Sin and Dex made me chuckle too.  I remember the guy who was so dumb he thought irony was Reagan's biography.

cheers

FLoyd

aceface11

Quote from: Minkyboy on 14 March, 2012, 12:02:38 PM

Hello.

ahahahahaha!! I must say Minkyboy, that made me laugh like a good 'un! :)

I think it was originally a 2000AD situation (2000 is such a long way off, we'll all be flying in cars by then and copping off with the robot mistress we keep in the wardrobe), I think the 11 was short for 2011. Wish you never asked now...

Talking of back issues, I wish prog 1771 was back in stock in the shop! And prog 2012 come to think of it.
Cheers

Matt