Main Menu

Homefront

Started by Pete Wells, 02 June, 2011, 01:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Got this from Lovefilm and am wondering why it got such bad press. It's really atmospheric, fast paced and exciting.

Some parts are VERY challenging and there's some excellent set pieces and beauty shots. Certainly worth renting. Anyone else got this?

Darren Stephens

I have it, too. I found the campaign really enjoyable. It's great online as well.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

bluemeanie

Yeah, I played that one. Was a little short but as you said theres some cool set peices and its not afraid to get VERY dark in places

Radbacker

didn't like it very much meself, found the plot too heavy handed and a bit too Team-America for my liking (the bit hiding in the bodies should've been shocking instead you have a moron scream next to you "god damn bastarrds, how could they, how could they i'll kill em all nyeargh....).  I also thought it was funny that you were "Freedon Fighters " rather than insurgents as it would've been in any other situation
Multiplayer was fun for a few days but not as polished as BF:BC2 or MW2 so i kinda traded the whole thing back after a couple of days.

CU Radbacker

Pete Wells

Hmmm, I know what you're saying about 'Team America' in parts, particularly the bit you mentioned, but then it wasn't afraid to paint Americans in a bad light too. I think you ended up fighting against your own side as much as The Koreans what with betrayals, inhumane treatment of the enemy and the like.

Criticisms for me were the length of the single player campaign and the tediousness of some parts (getting from the church to the helicopter took me far too many attempts and loads of the helicopter bits drove me insane!) I'd certainly welcome a sequel.